Kodak 5100 all in one

Rene Lamontagne

      30th Mar 2007

"measekite" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:tDZOh.10287$(E-Mail Removed)...

> Ron Baird wrote:
>> "Ron Baird" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:460929d7$0$21279$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>> "Malcolm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Greetings Malcolm,
>>>
>>> Did you try to scan using the Camera and Scanner Wizard? The
>>> printer/scanner does not use a twain and the report implies something
>>> going on there, and that may have something to do with it? Are you using
>>> the scanner software offered by Kodak?
>>>
>>> You can contact me directly if you like. Let me know more on the details
>>> of your situation.
>>>
>>> Ron Baird
>>> Eastman Kodak Company
>>>

>> Greetings all,
>>
>> Whoa, what was I thinking?

> You were thinking of a way to put Kodaks name in this ng. More PR.
>
> If the guy needs help he should post on the Kodak website, Then you or
> one of your colleagues can post an answer back.
>> Sorry for the error. Indeed the 5100 and all the models use TWAIN. I
>> meant to say that id does use this technology. The fix for you, Malcolm
>> would be to use the noted option in the meantime. I am continuing the
>> investigation into your error. When I have more I will post to you.
>>
>> Best Regards,
>>
>> Ron Baird
>> Eastman Kodak Company

Hey measeface! you dumb ****, why don't you just ****off and mind your own
buisiness.

Malcolm

      30th Mar 2007
On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 17:57:23 -0400, "Ron Baird" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Ron Baird" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:460929d7$0$21279$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Malcolm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hi Folks,
>>>
>>> I just bought one of these Kodak printers and I can't get it to scan a
>>> document. I get "Error Code 1 - 2007" and "twaingui.exe has caused a
>>> problem and must quit" and just plain "an error has caused scan to
>>> abort". I installed from the web on the first try and then uninstalled
>>> and reinstalled from the CD, same problems both times. I can hear the
>>> scanner going but it never completes. I have followed the manual but
>>> no joy. The printer is fine. I am running Windows XP SP2 with all
>>> updates installed. I have an AMD Athlon 1.3 gig CPU with 512M of
>>> SDRAM. Any ideas would be appreciated.
>>>

>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Later,
>>> Malcolm

>> Greetings Malcolm,
>>
>> Did you try to scan using the Camera and Scanner Wizard? The
>> printer/scanner does not use a twain and the report implies something
>> going on there, and that may have something to do with it? Are you using
>> the scanner software offered by Kodak?
>>
>> You can contact me directly if you like. Let me know more on the details
>> of your situation.
>>
>> Ron Baird
>> Eastman Kodak Company

>Greetings all,
>
>Whoa, what was I thinking? Sorry for the error. Indeed the 5100 and all the
>models use TWAIN. I meant to say that id does use this technology. The fix
>for you, Malcolm would be to use the noted option in the meantime. I am
>continuing the investigation into your error. When I have more I will post
>to you.
>
>Best Regards,
>
>Ron Baird
>Eastman Kodak Company

I have tried the camera & scanner wizard and I can scan with that. The
following is what happens when I try to use the Kodak software or the
button on the All in One:

Press scan button and start button.
Window pops up from AiO software and says “Scanning from scanner
glass”.
Next a message pops up and says “ An error has aborted your scanning
session. Press OK to continue”.

Start AiO Home Center
Click on Scan Pictures and Documents
Click on scan now
Window pops up “scanner warming up”
Then “Scanning from scanner glass”.
Then “Unable to complete scan” Error code: 1 – 2007.

Start AiO Home Center
Click on Scan Pictures and Documents.
Click on Preview
Then scanner warming up
Then “An error has aborted your scanning session.
Press OK to continue.
Then “Error code 1 – 2007”

During the scanning attempts I just noticed the copy light is lit on
the All in One and not the Scan light.
I have all updates on my Windows XP including “.NET framework and
MSXML which I did not have before installing the Kodak software. I
noticed Kodak installing the .Net Framework so I went to MS update and
did all the updates for MSXML and .NET Framework.

Thanks

Bye Now,
Malcolm

Thanks

Later,
Malcolm

Frank

      30th Mar 2007
Rene Lamontagne wrote:

> Hey measeface! you dumb ****, why don't you just ****off and mind your
> own buisiness.

hehehe...good one! :-)
Frank

Rob

      30th Mar 2007
Ron Baird wrote:
> "Ron Baird" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:460929d7$0$21279$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>"Malcolm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>>Hi Folks,
>>>
>>>I just bought one of these Kodak printers and I can't get it to scan a
>>>document. I get "Error Code 1 - 2007" and "twaingui.exe has caused a
>>>problem and must quit" and just plain "an error has caused scan to
>>>abort". I installed from the web on the first try and then uninstalled
>>>and reinstalled from the CD, same problems both times. I can hear the
>>>scanner going but it never completes. I have followed the manual but
>>>no joy. The printer is fine. I am running Windows XP SP2 with all
>>>updates installed. I have an AMD Athlon 1.3 gig CPU with 512M of
>>>SDRAM. Any ideas would be appreciated.
>>>

>>>Thanks
>>>
>>>Later,
>>>Malcolm

>>Greetings Malcolm,
>>
>>Did you try to scan using the Camera and Scanner Wizard? The
>>printer/scanner does not use a twain and the report implies something
>>going on there, and that may have something to do with it? Are you using
>>the scanner software offered by Kodak?
>>
>>You can contact me directly if you like. Let me know more on the details
>>of your situation.
>>
>>Ron Baird
>>Eastman Kodak Company

> Greetings all,
>
> Whoa, what was I thinking? Sorry for the error. Indeed the 5100 and all the
> models use TWAIN. I meant to say that id does use this technology. The fix
> for you, Malcolm would be to use the noted option in the meantime. I am
> continuing the investigation into your error. When I have more I will post
> to you.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Ron Baird
> Eastman Kodak Company

You may have to look at the device manager to see if you are running it
with a microsoft driver or the kodak driver.

If your running it with the MS driver then you will have to update the
driver and "force " it to see and use the Kodak one.

What you have mentioned above is consistent with the scanner not seeing
the twain driver but being able to use the other drivers that have come
with the hardware. the MS driver has been given preference to the Kodak
one when the hardware is being loaded - plug and pray system.

rm

Robert.VanBuren@gmail.com

      30th Mar 2007
What a whiner you are.....

Malcolm

      30th Mar 2007
On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 16:31:42 +1000, Rob <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Ron Baird wrote:
>> "Ron Baird" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:460929d7$0$21279$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>>"Malcolm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>>Greetings Malcolm,
>>>
>>>Did you try to scan using the Camera and Scanner Wizard? The
>>>printer/scanner does not use a twain and the report implies something
>>>going on there, and that may have something to do with it? Are you using
>>>the scanner software offered by Kodak?
>>>
>>>You can contact me directly if you like. Let me know more on the details
>>>of your situation.
>>>
>>>Ron Baird
>>>Eastman Kodak Company

>> Greetings all,
>>
>> Whoa, what was I thinking? Sorry for the error. Indeed the 5100 and all the
>> models use TWAIN. I meant to say that id does use this technology. The fix
>> for you, Malcolm would be to use the noted option in the meantime. I am
>> continuing the investigation into your error. When I have more I will post
>> to you.
>>
>> Best Regards,
>>
>> Ron Baird
>> Eastman Kodak Company
>>

>You may have to look at the device manager to see if you are running it
>with a microsoft driver or the kodak driver.
>
>If your running it with the MS driver then you will have to update the
>driver and "force " it to see and use the Kodak one.
>
>What you have mentioned above is consistent with the scanner not seeing
>the twain driver but being able to use the other drivers that have come
>with the hardware. the MS driver has been given preference to the Kodak
>one when the hardware is being loaded - plug and pray system.
>
>rm

Hi Rob,

I checked the device manager and found; The driver tab on imaging
devices shows Kodak as the driver provider. However when I click on
the "details" the driver shows as provided by MS??????

I just remembered after I installed the Kodak software I went to MS
update site and it showed "hardware updates" for the Kodak All in One
and I installed them. I wonder if that is my problem? May be I will
uninstall the Kodak software and reinstall without the MS update for
hardware.

Thanks

Later,
Malcolm

measekite

      30th Mar 2007
Epson scanners do not have those types of problems. And Epson Tech
Support does ot infiltrate this ng doing PR and advertising. I wonder why.

Malcolm wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 16:31:42 +1000, Rob <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>> Ron Baird wrote:
>>
>>> "Ron Baird" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:460929d7$0$21279$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Greetings all,
>>>
>>> Whoa, what was I thinking? Sorry for the error. Indeed the 5100 and all the
>>> models use TWAIN. I meant to say that id does use this technology. The fix
>>> for you, Malcolm would be to use the noted option in the meantime. I am
>>> continuing the investigation into your error. When I have more I will post
>>> to you.
>>>
>>> Best Regards,
>>>
>>> Ron Baird
>>> Eastman Kodak Company
>>>

>> You may have to look at the device manager to see if you are running it
>> with a microsoft driver or the kodak driver.
>>
>> If your running it with the MS driver then you will have to update the
>> driver and "force " it to see and use the Kodak one.
>>
>> What you have mentioned above is consistent with the scanner not seeing
>> the twain driver but being able to use the other drivers that have come
>> with the hardware. the MS driver has been given preference to the Kodak
>> one when the hardware is being loaded - plug and pray system.
>>
>> rm
>>

> Hi Rob,
>
> I checked the device manager and found; The driver tab on imaging
> devices shows Kodak as the driver provider. However when I click on
> the "details" the driver shows as provided by MS??????
>
> I just remembered after I installed the Kodak software I went to MS
> update site and it showed "hardware updates" for the Kodak All in One
> and I installed them. I wonder if that is my problem? May be I will
> uninstall the Kodak software and reinstall without the MS update for
> hardware.
>

> Thanks
>
> Later,
> Malcolm

Malcolm

      31st Mar 2007
On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 16:35:53 GMT, measekite <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Epson scanners do not have those types of problems. And Epson Tech
>Support does ot infiltrate this ng doing PR and advertising. I wonder why.
>
>Malcolm wrote:
>> On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 16:31:42 +1000, Rob <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

I am looking for constructive conversation, thanks.

Thanks

Later,
Malcolm

Arthur Entlich

      31st Mar 2007
A-ha, Ron is here, great!

Art

Ron Baird wrote:

> "Malcolm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Hi Folks,
>>
>>I just bought one of these Kodak printers and I can't get it to scan a
>>document. I get "Error Code 1 - 2007" and "twaingui.exe has caused a
>>problem and must quit" and just plain "an error has caused scan to
>>abort". I installed from the web on the first try and then uninstalled
>>and reinstalled from the CD, same problems both times. I can hear the
>>scanner going but it never completes. I have followed the manual but
>>no joy. The printer is fine. I am running Windows XP SP2 with all
>>updates installed. I have an AMD Athlon 1.3 gig CPU with 512M of
>>SDRAM. Any ideas would be appreciated.
>>

>>Thanks
>>
>>Later,
>>Malcolm

> Greetings Malcolm,
>
> Did you try to scan using the Camera and Scanner Wizard? The printer/scanner
> does not use a twain and the report implies something going on there, and
> that may have something to do with it? Are you using the scanner software
> offered by Kodak?
>
> You can contact me directly if you like. Let me know more on the details of
> your situation.
>
> Ron Baird
> Eastman Kodak Company

measekite

      31st Mar 2007
So I guess this group want to have posts from Vendors, Commercial
Companies, Advertisers, and Public Relations Firms. If one invites one
they should invite all.

Arthur Entlich wrote:
> A-ha, Ron is here, great!
>
> Art
>
> Ron Baird wrote:
>
>> "Malcolm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>> Hi Folks,
>>>
>>> I just bought one of these Kodak printers and I can't get it to scan a
>>> document. I get "Error Code 1 - 2007" and "twaingui.exe has caused a
>>> problem and must quit" and just plain "an error has caused scan to
>>> abort". I installed from the web on the first try and then uninstalled
>>> and reinstalled from the CD, same problems both times. I can hear the
>>> scanner going but it never completes. I have followed the manual but
>>> no joy. The printer is fine. I am running Windows XP SP2 with all
>>> updates installed. I have an AMD Athlon 1.3 gig CPU with 512M of
>>> SDRAM. Any ideas would be appreciated.
>>>

>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Later,
>>> Malcolm