kingston micro sd card w/ adapter problem

joshriley07

      24th Apr 2009
When inserting my Micro SD Card into my new acer aspire one notebook, I
receive a message stating, “jmcr.sys on jmicron driver diskette needed”, and
I am unable to install hotfix, as I am repeatedly prompted to enter the
password. I tried "skip password" & "always skip" and it doesnt unzip the
hotfix, to install. Can anyone please help?
--
thank you, josh

Paul

      24th Apr 2009
joshriley07 wrote:
> When inserting my Micro SD Card into my new acer aspire one notebook, I
> receive a message stating, “jmcr.sys on jmicron driver diskette needed”, and
> I am unable to install hotfix, as I am repeatedly prompted to enter the
> password. I tried "skip password" & "always skip" and it doesnt unzip the
> hotfix, to install. Can anyone please help?

Is it something like this chip ?

http://www.jmicron.com/Product_JMB38X.htm

Jmicron has some drivers here, for the 38X family.

ftp://driver.jmicron.com.tw/jmb38x/XP_Vista/

I checked, and there is a jmcr.sys inside the ZIP.

These are the device IDs mentioned in the INF file.

PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2381.DeviceDesc="JMB38X SD Host Controller"
PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2382.DeviceDesc="JMB38X SD/MMC Host Controller"
PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2383.DeviceDesc="JMB38X MS Host Controller"
PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2384.DeviceDesc="JMB38X xD Host Controller"
PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2386.DeviceDesc="JMB38X SD Host Controller"
PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2387.DeviceDesc="JMB38X SD/MMC Host Controller"
PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2388.DeviceDesc="JMB38X MS Host Controller"
PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2389.DeviceDesc="JMB38X xD Host Controller"

Which hotfix are you referring to ? Is this a hotfix from
Acer or from Microsoft ? Do you have a URL ?

Paul

New Member

      27th Oct 2011
Quote: