Keyboard cannot start error code 10 !

sharkwin@gmail.com

      26th Jul 2006
hi,

I am using Windows XP 64 bit , AMD 64 4400.

the keyboard have some trouble recently, ( I am sure keyboard is fine).

The keyboard works in the bios ok. When xp starts in device manager
there is an error on the keyboard (cannot start error code 10) -
yellow exclamation mark.
If I uninstall the keyboard from device manager and reboot then xp
starts and the keyboard still doesn't work.

When the keyboard doesn't work, it still has power. (Function key LED
on the keyboard works).

Also looking in device manager when the keyboard doesn't work, it does
not indicate any IRQ conflicts and it has the same config as when the
keyboard is working.

I'm using ASUS motherboard and AMD 64 processor. Windows XP 64bit
system

Someone's solution -- // This solution doesn't work with my
computer //

The mouse I have is a Microsoft optical wheel mouse which also came

with a usb to ps2 connector. If I plug the mouse into the ps2 mouse

port then the ms multimedia keyboard works fine after successive

reboots.

All I can assume is that the problem is the order that the drivers are

loaded ?
// This solution doesn't work
with my computer //

----------------------------

After Xp boots up the keyboard will not work most of the
time. In device manager it shows the keyboard with a
yellow "!". when I
check its properties it shows "This device cannot start.
(Code 10)". All I have to do is up date the driver and
the key board will work until it is rebooted. Control
Panel and uninstall it then scan for new devices does
find the keyboard, but it will not work most of the time
after reboot.

I have tried uninstalling, different keyboards, different
Drivers, changing the BIOS, updating
The BIOS, updating the motherboard drivers, and I am now
at a point that most times I get this error and the
Keyboard will not work,
I am at a loss as to what to do.

// I can solve the problem by reinstalling Windows XP 64bit, ( I
did last time),
But it's really take long and I have tired with reinstall
everything.

Hope there is some solution for it //

Exactly the same problem as follows:

http://www.hardwaregeeks.com/board/a...p/t-25681.html

Thanks a million in advance.

kevin

thecreator

      27th Jul 2006
Hi Kevin,

Have you tried uninstalling the Keyboard. Reboot. Don't allow Windows to
reinstall any drivers. Then you, reinstall the Keyboard Drivers from the
Manufacturer and reboot.

If you still have the problem, then the Keyboard must be replaced or
repaired under warranty. Or if wireless Keyboard, have you replaced the
batteries with brand new Batteries?

You can have a bad Keyboard ,if the processor in the Keyboard itself has
gone bad.

--
thecreator

news:(E-Mail Removed)...