Keyboard Arrow Scrolling

Arne

      25th Sep 2009
Hi all

When any document in word we open and have the pointer on the document but
use the keyboard arrows to scroll down, its scrolls quite slow as it is going
down every line of the doc, but if you have your pointer off the document and
use the keyboard arrow it scrolls alot faster. Anyone know how we can make it
faster if the pointer is on a document?

Regards

Peter T. Daniels

      25th Sep 2009
Your cursor will stay where you put it in the document if you use the
mouse on the vertical scroll bar (either click or hold the arrow boxes
at top and bottom, or drag the elevator box up and down, or (for
really fast scrolling) click or hold in the blank area above or below
the elevator box.

If you have Word2007, you need to turn off "Smart Cursoring" in Office
Button > Word Options > Advanced > Editing (the first batch), the 7th
item down.