Keep command window open after batch file

Howard Delman

      11th Aug 2003
Is there a way to keep the command window open after running a batch
file under WinXP? I want to see the program's messages.

Under Win98, under "properties" of the batch file, there was a check box
"close on exit" which could be unchecked to keep the window open. There
does not appear to be anything similar under WinXP.

Howard Delman
--
Delman Design
Digital design from conception to production

Spinner

      11th Aug 2003
Just put "pause" in the batchfile at the end (without quotes).
It will stop and prompt you to hit any key before closing.

"Howard Delman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there a way to keep the command window open after running a batch
> file under WinXP? I want to see the program's messages.
>
> Under Win98, under "properties" of the batch file, there was a check box
> "close on exit" which could be unchecked to keep the window open. There
> does not appear to be anything similar under WinXP.
>
> Howard Delman
> --
> Delman Design
> Digital design from conception to production
> http://www.blueneptune.com/~delman

hajo

      11th Aug 2003
Run your batch file in a dos windows and you can see the
messages.