KB867801 trying to install over and over

updatefan@Ithink.com

      9th May 2007
This is a cumulative security update for IE6 SP1. The MS site says this is
several years old. The auto update for May ran an hour ago, and I even
have this message in my reportingevents.log file:

Installation Successful: Windows successfully installed the following
update: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1
(KB867801).

Yet, the icon reappears and the same box appears asking me to choose this
update to install.

Why it's installing this I don't know since I've had IE6 SP1 for some time.

Anyone else have this problem? Is there a MS patch yet?

Rich Pasco

      10th May 2007
I got the same behavior with KB832894 on Tuesday. I consented for it to
be installed nine (9) times and it kept coming back for more. I finally
went to Windows Update, chose Custom, and clicked the box to never offer
that update again.

- Rich

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> This is a cumulative security update for IE6 SP1. The MS site says this is
> several years old. The auto update for May ran an hour ago, and I even
> have this message in my reportingevents.log file:
>
> Installation Successful: Windows successfully installed the following
> update: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1
> (KB867801).
>
> Yet, the icon reappears and the same box appears asking me to choose this
> update to install.
>
> Why it's installing this I don't know since I've had IE6 SP1 for some time.
>

> Anyone else have this problem? Is there a MS patch yet?

Ant

      11th May 2007
It should be fixed now.

--
"The sun's just a big glass, we're all ants, I LOVE YOU." --"Magnified"
song by the Failure band
\ _ / Remove ANT from e-mail address: (E-Mail Removed)NT
( ) or (E-Mail Removed)