Justified text splitting words at end of each line

trina

      29th Jul 2009
Using Word 2003 -
How can I stop words splitting at the end of lines (not hyphenated, just
split in half)?? I want the word that doesn't fit on one line to move to the
next line in its entirety, not just the few letters that don't fit...
The text is justified, but this has never happened with that format
before... and I tried re-aligning the text but it still happens... I played
with the hyphenating function too, but that doesn't seem to be it either...

Stefan Blom

      29th Jul 2009
This could be a damaged font file, I believe.

Have you tried with a different font?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"trina" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Using Word 2003 -
> How can I stop words splitting at the end of lines (not hyphenated, just
> split in half)?? I want the word that doesn't fit on one line to move to
> the next line in its entirety, not just the few letters that don't fit...
> The text is justified, but this has never happened with that format
> before... and I tried re-aligning the text but it still happens... I
> played with the hyphenating function too, but that doesn't seem to be it
> either...

trina

      29th Jul 2009
Yes, I tried several different fonts to see if that was it but it didn't
help... is it possible that it is just a corrupted document?? I have tested
out every formatting tool I can find and have tried clearing all the
formatting, but nothing seems to help...

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

> This could be a damaged font file, I believe.
>
> Have you tried with a different font?
>
> --
> Stefan Blom
> Microsoft Word MVP
>

> "trina" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Using Word 2003 -
> > How can I stop words splitting at the end of lines (not hyphenated, just
> > split in half)?? I want the word that doesn't fit on one line to move to
> > the next line in its entirety, not just the few letters that don't fit...
> > The text is justified, but this has never happened with that format
> > before... and I tried re-aligning the text but it still happens... I
> > played with the hyphenating function too, but that doesn't seem to be it
> > either...

Stefan Blom

      29th Jul 2009

Corruption is another possibility, yes. Try saving as XML or HTML (under a
different name) and see if that fixes the problem.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"trina" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yes, I tried several different fonts to see if that was it but it didn't
> help... is it possible that it is just a corrupted document?? I have
> tested
> out every formatting tool I can find and have tried clearing all the
> formatting, but nothing seems to help...
>

> "Stefan Blom" wrote:
>
>> This could be a damaged font file, I believe.
>>
>> Have you tried with a different font?
>>
>> --
>> Stefan Blom
>> Microsoft Word MVP
>>

>> "trina" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Using Word 2003 -
>> > How can I stop words splitting at the end of lines (not hyphenated,
>> > just
>> > split in half)?? I want the word that doesn't fit on one line to move
>> > the next line in its entirety, not just the few letters that don't
>> > fit...
>> > The text is justified, but this has never happened with that format
>> > before... and I tried re-aligning the text but it still happens... I
>> > played with the hyphenating function too, but that doesn't seem to be
>> > it
>> > either...

Suzanne S. Barnhill

      7th Aug 2009
In my experience, this does point to a corrupted document. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)