I just upgraded to XP Home..How do I turn Java on???

      5th Oct 2004
I am trying to log into my companies email acct..and have
done so for years. Now that I have upgraded to XP
Home..when I go to sing on it says to "Turn Java On"

How do I do this??

=?Utf-8?B?TUFQ?=

      5th Oct 2004

"(E-Mail Removed)" wrote:

> I am trying to log into my companies email acct..and have
> done so for years. Now that I have upgraded to XP
> Home..when I go to sing on it says to "Turn Java On"
>
> How do I do this??

Install it!
The Sun's version
http://www.java.com/en/download/windows_automatic.jsp
Microsoft's version
http://home.wanadoo.nl/jheroen/VM/index.htm

Bruce Chambers

      6th Oct 2004
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I am trying to log into my companies email acct..and have
> done so for years. Now that I have upgraded to XP
> Home..when I go to sing on it says to "Turn Java On"
>
> How do I do this??

As the result of a lawsuit by Sun Microsystems, and the ensuing
settlement, Microsoft was not allowed to provide its own Java Virtual
Machine to Windows XP users. You can get almost the same
functionality by downloading Sun's version of Java from
http://java.sun.com/getjava/index.html. If you want the wider website
compatibility of Microsoft's Java Virtual Machine, it is still
available from a lot of 3rd-party web sites, one of which is here:
http://www.virtualmachine.tk/.

If you do choose the Microsoft JVM, be sure to apply a needed
security patch.

Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-011
http://www.microsoft.com/security/se...s/ms03-011.asp
(Prevents the Trojan.ByteVerify issue)