Jumping and being redirected to other search sites

=?Utf-8?B?a2FkaWRpZA==?=

      6th Jun 2007
For the past month now, whenever I click on a link to a web site from any
search engine, Yahoo, Excite, Live Search, Google, etc. I am redirected to
other search engines or web sites that have nothing to do with the subject I
am looking up. I have been told I have adware/malware/spyware. I have
Computer Associates 2007 Security Suite, have done numerous system scans, ran
a malicious sohtware scan from Microsoft web site and nothing has been found.
When a jump occurs the initial address is
http://67.29.139.220/jump/?affiliate=
followed by symbols.

Is there anyone who can help me understand what is taking place? I am not
new to computers and have worked with the internet and Windows XP for several
years but have never encountered anything like this before.

Thank you in advance for any info you can give me and how to correct this
frustrating situation.
--
kadidid

Rock

      6th Jun 2007
"kadidid" wrote
> For the past month now, whenever I click on a link to a web site from any
> search engine, Yahoo, Excite, Live Search, Google, etc. I am redirected to
> other search engines or web sites that have nothing to do with the subject
> am looking up. I have been told I have adware/malware/spyware. I have
> Computer Associates 2007 Security Suite, have done numerous system scans,
> ran
> a malicious sohtware scan from Microsoft web site and nothing has been
> found.
> When a jump occurs the initial address is
> http://67.29.139.220/jump/?affiliate=
> followed by symbols.
>
> Is there anyone who can help me understand what is taking place? I am not
> new to computers and have worked with the internet and Windows XP for
> several
> years but have never encountered anything like this before.
>
> Thank you in advance for any info you can give me and how to correct this
> frustrating situation.

You need more than one program to scan for and detect all the various non
viral malware. Here are some links for dealing with non viral malware.

THE PARASITE FIGHT
Finding, Removing & Protecting Yourself From Scumware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm

Richard Harper’s Guide to Cleaning Pests
http://rgharper.mvps.org/cleanit.htm

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

SingaporeWebDesign

      6th Jun 2007
Hello,

Try performing a spyware scan by downloading and running
SuperAntispyware from here

http://www.superantispyware.com
(the free HOME edition is sufficient for your needs)

--
Singapore Website Design
http://www.bootstrike.com/Webdesign/

"kadidid" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> For the past month now, whenever I click on a link to a web site from any
> search engine, Yahoo, Excite, Live Search, Google, etc. I am redirected to
> other search engines or web sites that have nothing to do with the subject
> am looking up. I have been told I have adware/malware/spyware. I have
> Computer Associates 2007 Security Suite, have done numerous system scans,
> ran
> a malicious sohtware scan from Microsoft web site and nothing has been
> found.
> When a jump occurs the initial address is
> http://67.29.139.220/jump/?affiliate=
> followed by symbols.
>
> Is there anyone who can help me understand what is taking place? I am not
> new to computers and have worked with the internet and Windows XP for
> several
> years but have never encountered anything like this before.
>
> Thank you in advance for any info you can give me and how to correct this
> frustrating situation.
> --
> kadidid

=?Utf-8?B?a2FkaWRpZA==?=

      8th Jun 2007
Thank you very much, I will certainly give these a try, will let you know if
it works.
--
kadidid

"Rock" wrote:

> "kadidid" wrote
> > For the past month now, whenever I click on a link to a web site from any
> > search engine, Yahoo, Excite, Live Search, Google, etc. I am redirected to
> > other search engines or web sites that have nothing to do with the subject
> > am looking up. I have been told I have adware/malware/spyware. I have
> > Computer Associates 2007 Security Suite, have done numerous system scans,
> > ran
> > a malicious sohtware scan from Microsoft web site and nothing has been
> > found.
> > When a jump occurs the initial address is
> > http://67.29.139.220/jump/?affiliate=
> > followed by symbols.
> >
> > Is there anyone who can help me understand what is taking place? I am not
> > new to computers and have worked with the internet and Windows XP for
> > several
> > years but have never encountered anything like this before.
> >
> > Thank you in advance for any info you can give me and how to correct this
> > frustrating situation.

> You need more than one program to scan for and detect all the various non
> viral malware. Here are some links for dealing with non viral malware.
>
> THE PARASITE FIGHT
> Finding, Removing & Protecting Yourself From Scumware
> http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
>
> Richard Harper’s Guide to Cleaning Pests
> http://rgharper.mvps.org/cleanit.htm
>
> --
> Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

=?Utf-8?B?a2FkaWRpZA==?=

      8th Jun 2007
Thank you very much for the info, I will let you know if I am successful.
--
kadidid

"SingaporeWebDesign" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Try performing a spyware scan by downloading and running
> SuperAntispyware from here
>
> http://www.superantispyware.com
> (the free HOME edition is sufficient for your needs)
>
> --
> Singapore Website Design
> http://www.bootstrike.com/Webdesign/
> Singapore Web Hosting
> http://www.bootstrike.com/WinXP/faq.html
> Windows XP FAQ
>
> "kadidid" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > For the past month now, whenever I click on a link to a web site from any
> > search engine, Yahoo, Excite, Live Search, Google, etc. I am redirected to
> > other search engines or web sites that have nothing to do with the subject
> > am looking up. I have been told I have adware/malware/spyware. I have
> > Computer Associates 2007 Security Suite, have done numerous system scans,
> > ran
> > a malicious sohtware scan from Microsoft web site and nothing has been
> > found.
> > When a jump occurs the initial address is
> > http://67.29.139.220/jump/?affiliate=
> > followed by symbols.
> >
> > Is there anyone who can help me understand what is taking place? I am not
> > new to computers and have worked with the internet and Windows XP for
> > several
> > years but have never encountered anything like this before.
> >
> > Thank you in advance for any info you can give me and how to correct this
> > frustrating situation.
> > --
> > kadidid

=?Utf-8?B?a2FkaWRpZA==?=

      9th Jun 2007
Hello, I downloaded superantispyware, used it, it found some tracking cookies
and trojens, deleted them When trying searches again the same thing is
happening. I am being redirected to unwanted search engines, everytime I
click on the same link it will take me to different site each time. I am
totally confused.
--
kadidid

"SingaporeWebDesign" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Try performing a spyware scan by downloading and running
> SuperAntispyware from here
>
> http://www.superantispyware.com
> (the free HOME edition is sufficient for your needs)
>
> --
> Singapore Website Design
> http://www.bootstrike.com/Webdesign/
> Singapore Web Hosting
> http://www.bootstrike.com/WinXP/faq.html
> Windows XP FAQ
>
> "kadidid" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > For the past month now, whenever I click on a link to a web site from any
> > search engine, Yahoo, Excite, Live Search, Google, etc. I am redirected to
> > other search engines or web sites that have nothing to do with the subject
> > am looking up. I have been told I have adware/malware/spyware. I have
> > Computer Associates 2007 Security Suite, have done numerous system scans,
> > ran
> > a malicious sohtware scan from Microsoft web site and nothing has been
> > found.
> > When a jump occurs the initial address is
> > http://67.29.139.220/jump/?affiliate=
> > followed by symbols.
> >
> > Is there anyone who can help me understand what is taking place? I am not
> > new to computers and have worked with the internet and Windows XP for
> > several
> > years but have never encountered anything like this before.
> >
> > Thank you in advance for any info you can give me and how to correct this
> > frustrating situation.
> > --
> > kadidid

SingaporeWebDesign

      9th Jun 2007
Hello,

Try performing the scan again to ensure they were removed. If they still
come back, post the name of the trojan.

Also see this thread
http://forums.spywareinfo.com/lofive...hp/t89555.html
especially this file that should solve your issue
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/file...Fixwareout.exe

--
Singapore Website Design
http://www.bootstrike.com/Webdesign/
Singapore Web Hosting
http://www.bootstrike.com/WinXP/faq.html
Windows XP FAQ

"kadidid" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello, I downloaded superantispyware, used it, it found some tracking
> cookies
> and trojens, deleted them When trying searches again the same thing is
> happening. I am being redirected to unwanted search engines, everytime I
> click on the same link it will take me to different site each time. I am
> totally confused.
> --
> kadidid
>

> "SingaporeWebDesign" wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Try performing a spyware scan by downloading and running
>> SuperAntispyware from here
>>
>> http://www.superantispyware.com
>> (the free HOME edition is sufficient for your needs)
>>
>> --
>> Singapore Website Design
>> http://www.bootstrike.com/Webdesign/
>> Singapore Web Hosting
>> http://www.bootstrike.com/WinXP/faq.html
>> Windows XP FAQ
>>
>> "kadidid" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > For the past month now, whenever I click on a link to a web site from
>> > any
>> > search engine, Yahoo, Excite, Live Search, Google, etc. I am redirected
>> > other search engines or web sites that have nothing to do with the
>> > subject
>> > am looking up. I have been told I have adware/malware/spyware. I have
>> > Computer Associates 2007 Security Suite, have done numerous system
>> > scans,
>> > ran
>> > a malicious sohtware scan from Microsoft web site and nothing has been
>> > found.
>> > When a jump occurs the initial address is
>> > http://67.29.139.220/jump/?affiliate=
>> > followed by symbols.
>> >
>> > Is there anyone who can help me understand what is taking place? I am
>> > not
>> > new to computers and have worked with the internet and Windows XP for
>> > several
>> > years but have never encountered anything like this before.
>> >
>> > Thank you in advance for any info you can give me and how to correct
>> > this
>> > frustrating situation.
>> > --
>> > kadidid

=?Utf-8?B?a2FkaWRpZA==?=

      10th Jun 2007
Thank you for all your help. After trying everything I still was having
trouble. I could click on a link on a search page 20 times and go to a
different search engine each time. I have finally been able to take back
control of my computer thanks to the Microsoft live scan....it found and
cleaned my system of whatever was giving me so much grief.
--
kadidid

"Rock" wrote:

> "kadidid" wrote
> > For the past month now, whenever I click on a link to a web site from any
> > search engine, Yahoo, Excite, Live Search, Google, etc. I am redirected to
> > other search engines or web sites that have nothing to do with the subject
> > am looking up. I have been told I have adware/malware/spyware. I have
> > Computer Associates 2007 Security Suite, have done numerous system scans,
> > ran
> > a malicious sohtware scan from Microsoft web site and nothing has been
> > found.
> > When a jump occurs the initial address is
> > http://67.29.139.220/jump/?affiliate=
> > followed by symbols.
> >
> > Is there anyone who can help me understand what is taking place? I am not
> > new to computers and have worked with the internet and Windows XP for
> > several
> > years but have never encountered anything like this before.
> >
> > Thank you in advance for any info you can give me and how to correct this
> > frustrating situation.

> You need more than one program to scan for and detect all the various non
> viral malware. Here are some links for dealing with non viral malware.
>
> THE PARASITE FIGHT
> Finding, Removing & Protecting Yourself From Scumware
> http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
>
> Richard Harper’s Guide to Cleaning Pests
> http://rgharper.mvps.org/cleanit.htm
>
> --
> Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

=?Utf-8?B?a2FkaWRpZA==?=

      10th Jun 2007
Thank you, I will do that.
--
kadidid

"SingaporeWebDesign" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Try performing the scan again to ensure they were removed. If they still
> come back, post the name of the trojan.
>
> Also see this thread
> http://forums.spywareinfo.com/lofive...hp/t89555.html
> especially this file that should solve your issue
> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/file...Fixwareout.exe
>

> --
> Singapore Website Design
> http://www.bootstrike.com/Webdesign/
> Singapore Web Hosting
> http://www.bootstrike.com/WinXP/faq.html
> Windows XP FAQ
>
> "kadidid" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hello, I downloaded superantispyware, used it, it found some tracking
> > cookies
> > and trojens, deleted them When trying searches again the same thing is
> > happening. I am being redirected to unwanted search engines, everytime I
> > click on the same link it will take me to different site each time. I am
> > totally confused.
> > --
> > kadidid
> >

> > "SingaporeWebDesign" wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> Try performing a spyware scan by downloading and running
> >> SuperAntispyware from here
> >>
> >> http://www.superantispyware.com
> >> (the free HOME edition is sufficient for your needs)
> >>
> >> --
> >> Singapore Website Design
> >> http://www.bootstrike.com/Webdesign/
> >> Singapore Web Hosting
> >> http://www.bootstrike.com/WinXP/faq.html
> >> Windows XP FAQ
> >>
> >> "kadidid" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

=?Utf-8?B?a2FkaWRpZA==?=

      11th Jun 2007
Hello,

The trojan was Trojan.DNSChanger-Codec.
I also keep getting Adware Tracking Cookie
--
kadidid