jpegs wont save except as bmps

jconner

      13th Sep 2004
This started 2 days ago. I don't have SP2. Every time I
right-click on a picture to try to save it in its jpg
format (it's a jpeg on the web page) the "save as" page
replaces the file name with "untitled" and my only choice
for format is ".bmp".

PLEASE tell me how to fix this!

Ron Bogart

      13th Sep 2004
In news:0fa501c49937$7c623b40$(E-Mail Removed),
jconner <(E-Mail Removed)> gathered his thoughts and came
up with these words:
> This started 2 days ago. I don't have SP2. Every time I
> right-click on a picture to try to save it in its jpg
> format (it's a jpeg on the web page) the "save as" page
> replaces the file name with "untitled" and my only choice
> for format is ".bmp".
>
> PLEASE tell me how to fix this!

Tools - Internet Options - in the area labeled - Temporary Internet Files,
click on delete files and this will clear up our TIF. You should then be
able to start saving your files as you wish again.

--
Ron Bogart {} τΏτ¬
Associate Expert

brackenburn

      13th Sep 2004
Empty your TIF folder. (C: \WINDOWS\ Temporary Internet Files)

A recommended way to do this is:
Open IE | TOOLS | INTERNET OPTIONS | TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES | and enable
DELETE ALL OFFLINE CONTENT while you're there | OK | OK.

Good Luck.
Andy I.

"jconner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0fa501c49937$7c623b40$(E-Mail Removed)...
| This started 2 days ago. I don't have SP2. Every time I
| right-click on a picture to try to save it in its jpg
| format (it's a jpeg on the web page) the "save as" page
| replaces the file name with "untitled" and my only choice
| for format is ".bmp".
|
| PLEASE tell me how to fix this!

Jan Il

      13th Sep 2004
Hi jconner :-)

> This started 2 days ago. I don't have SP2. Every time I
> right-click on a picture to try to save it in its jpg
> format (it's a jpeg on the web page) the "save as" page
> replaces the file name with "untitled" and my only choice
> for format is ".bmp".
>
> PLEASE tell me how to fix this!

In addition to the very good information that has already been provided, you
might also try the following and see if it will help.

Internet Explorer Saves Images As Bitmaps (.bmp Files)

Internet Explorer Does Not Save Graphics Files in the Proper Format

If these steps do not resolve your problem, please post back to this thread
with the details and any error messages.

Hope this helps

Jan
Smiles are meant to be shared,
that's why they're so contagious.

Please reply to the newsgroup so others may benefit.
Replies are posted only to the newsgroup for the benefit or other readers.

How to make a good newsgroup post:
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

=?Utf-8?B?UG9kbnNhcA==?=

      12th Oct 2004
I get this happening to me all the time (sometimes it happens sometimes not).

All the suggested solutions are good and sometimes work.

A very odd solution I found, which also sometimes works, is to click the
Back button in the browser and then click the Forward button. So you've
effectively come out of the page (with the image you want to save in) and
gone back in. Now try and save it and as if by magic (I can think of no other
logical explaination) you can save the file as a JPEG!

As I said though, this only works some of the time as do all the solutions
I've read on this topic.

Usually, once I've deleted the cache and it's still only saving as a BMP, I
can be sure of the above solution working.

Hope this is of help and makes sense.

Ben