Joining a new domain

=?Utf-8?B?U3RldmVX?=

      3rd Nov 2005
I have a W2K terminal server that is in a workgroup. I have turned the
workgroup into a domian. In order to join the domain with the terminal
server, do I have to uninstall terminal server, then join the domain, then
reinstall terminal server? If I do so, will I have to reload all
applications?

=?Utf-8?B?U3RldmVX?=

      3rd Nov 2005
PS. The terminal server is not a domain controller and will not be one. It
will remain a stand alone.

"SteveW" wrote:

> I have a W2K terminal server that is in a workgroup. I have turned the
> workgroup into a domian. In order to join the domain with the terminal
> server, do I have to uninstall terminal server, then join the domain, then
> reinstall terminal server? If I do so, will I have to reload all
> applications?

Vera Noest [MVP]

      3rd Nov 2005
I assume that you mean that the Terminal Server will become a member
server in the domain (as apposed to a standalone server in a
workgroup)? Should not be a problem. Just join the domain.
You might have to review your user accounts and permissions, though.
Vera Noest
TS troubleshooting: http://ts.veranoest.net
___ please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ___

=?Utf-8?B?U3RldmVX?= <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote on
03 nov 2005 in microsoft.public.win2000.termserv.apps:

> PS. The terminal server is not a domain controller and will not
> be one. It will remain a stand alone.
>
> "SteveW" wrote:
>
>> I have a W2K terminal server that is in a workgroup. I have
>> turned the workgroup into a domian. In order to join the
>> domain with the terminal server, do I have to uninstall
>> terminal server, then join the domain, then reinstall terminal
>> server? If I do so, will I have to reload all applications?

=?Utf-8?B?U3RldmVX?=

      3rd Nov 2005
You assume correct. My problem is there is not longer a network ID tab in
order to join the domain. I have never seen this before on other terminal
servers. I am looking a using a command line with netdom. Any suggestions?

"Vera Noest [MVP]" wrote:

> I assume that you mean that the Terminal Server will become a member
> server in the domain (as apposed to a standalone server in a
> workgroup)? Should not be a problem. Just join the domain.
> You might have to review your user accounts and permissions, though.
> Vera Noest
> TS troubleshooting: http://ts.veranoest.net
> ___ please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ___
>
> =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmVX?= <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote on
> 03 nov 2005 in microsoft.public.win2000.termserv.apps:
>
> > PS. The terminal server is not a domain controller and will not
> > be one. It will remain a stand alone.
> >
> > "SteveW" wrote:
> >
> >> I have a W2K terminal server that is in a workgroup. I have
> >> turned the workgroup into a domian. In order to join the
> >> domain with the terminal server, do I have to uninstall
> >> terminal server, then join the domain, then reinstall terminal
> >> server? If I do so, will I have to reload all applications?

Vera Noest [MVP]

      3rd Nov 2005
I don't have a W2K server handy right now, but do you mean that
it's not under Control Panel - System - properties - Computername -
Network ID?