jgen44.cjt1.net

anitspyware user

      22nd Feb 2005
I have spyware running on my system that I am unable to
remove. I have Microsoft's beta antispyware application,
spyware doctor, and ad aware's tool. None of them are
able to detect or remove the problem. A random pop-up
appears every few pages or on a timed increment with the
url: jgen44.cjt1.net in the title bar of the small
browser window. I am unable to right click on the window
to view it's source. I would appreciate it if this could
be looked into. For the time being, I have blocked that
address in my windows hosts file. The pop-ups still
appear, but the page does not load and is unable to relay
information back to the source.

John

      22nd Feb 2005
This is an infection of CYDOOR

Delete registry values:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Cydoor
HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Cydoor Services
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Run \
Cydoor=CD_Load.exe

Delete files:
cd_install_202.exe, cd_clint.dll, cd_htm.dll, cd_load.exe, cd_swf.dll

Delete directories:
ADCACHE

JohnF.

"anitspyware user" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:074c01c51914$000eafd0$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have spyware running on my system that I am unable to
> remove. I have Microsoft's beta antispyware application,
> spyware doctor, and ad aware's tool. None of them are
> able to detect or remove the problem. A random pop-up
> appears every few pages or on a timed increment with the
> url: jgen44.cjt1.net in the title bar of the small
> browser window. I am unable to right click on the window
> to view it's source. I would appreciate it if this could
> be looked into. For the time being, I have blocked that
> address in my windows hosts file. The pop-ups still
> appear, but the page does not load and is unable to relay
> information back to the source.

      23rd Feb 2005
Thanks John! Much appreciated!

wrote in message
>news:074c01c51914$000eafd0$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I have spyware running on my system that I am unable to
>> remove. I have Microsoft's beta antispyware

application,
>> spyware doctor, and ad aware's tool. None of them are
>> able to detect or remove the problem. A random pop-up
>> appears every few pages or on a timed increment with

the
>> url: jgen44.cjt1.net in the title bar of the small
>> browser window. I am unable to right click on the

window
>> to view it's source. I would appreciate it if this

could
>> be looked into. For the time being, I have blocked that
>> address in my windows hosts file. The pop-ups still
>> appear, but the page does not load and is unable to

relay
>> information back to the source.

>.

Todd

      23rd Feb 2005
Thanks again for the suggestion. However I don't have
those reg keys or files on my system. I will continue to
work on this.

Regards,

Todd

<(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote in message
>>news:074c01c51914$000eafd0$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>I have spyware running on my system that I am unable to
>>> remove. I have Microsoft's beta antispyware

>application,
>>> spyware doctor, and ad aware's tool. None of them are
>>> able to detect or remove the problem. A random pop-up
>>> appears every few pages or on a timed increment with

>the
>>> url: jgen44.cjt1.net in the title bar of the small
>>> browser window. I am unable to right click on the

>window
>>> to view it's source. I would appreciate it if this

>could
>>> be looked into. For the time being, I have blocked

that
>>> address in my windows hosts file. The pop-ups still
>>> appear, but the page does not load and is unable to

>relay
>>> information back to the source.

>>.
>>

>.

JohnF.

      23rd Feb 2005
A trojan must be hiding in your temp files and is trying to install cydoor.
Dump all your temp files and see what hapeens when you reboot. Make sure
your antivirus software is uptodate and is configured correctly.

JohnF.

"Todd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:09f401c51964$a0d3db70$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks again for the suggestion. However I don't have
> those reg keys or files on my system. I will continue to
> work on this.
>
> Regards,
>
> Todd

Todd

      24th Feb 2005
John,

Thanks again for your consideration on this. I had
already cleaned out my temp folders. I have latest
definitions on norton firewall and antivirus. I have 4
anti-spyware apps installed. It does sound like a trojan
could be at work here, but no luck in finding it. May be
new. I followed recommendations put forward on some forum
posts found in a yahoo search. Pop-ups still occurring. I
will post if I am able to find a solution to this.

Regards,

Todd

JohnF.

      24th Feb 2005
Last shot from me for now - did you disable System Restore, reboot in safe
mode, cleanup, edit registry, dump temps, throw salt over your left
shoulder, reboot and see what happens then?!!

JohnF.

news:1b7701c51a35$cd1b1460$(E-Mail Removed)...