Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 Update 12

Pat Willener

      3rd Feb 2009
Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 Update 12 is now available.

* Build number: 1.6.0_12-b04
* Download: http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/?intcmp=1281
* Release Notes: http://java.sun.com/javase/6/webnotes/6u12.html
* Installation Instructions:
http://java.sun.com/javase/6/webnote...all/index.html

If you already have JRE 6 Update 1x installed, there is no longer a need
to uninstall it - Update 12 is an update to this version.

If you have JRE 6 Update 7 or earlier, these must be uninstalled before
or after the Update 12 installation.

JJ

      3rd Feb 2009
Thanks Pat. Haven't seen anything in my auto update, but will check. :-)

"Pat Willener" wrote:

> Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 Update 12 is now available.
>
> * Build number: 1.6.0_12-b04
> * Download: http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/?intcmp=1281
> * Release Notes: http://java.sun.com/javase/6/webnotes/6u12.html
> * Installation Instructions:
> http://java.sun.com/javase/6/webnote...all/index.html
>
> If you already have JRE 6 Update 1x installed, there is no longer a need
> to uninstall it - Update 12 is an update to this version.
>
> If you have JRE 6 Update 7 or earlier, these must be uninstalled before
> or after the Update 12 installation.

Bill Sanderson

      3rd Feb 2009
There are no security fixes in this update. There's no need to go to this
version unless you are on the newest platforms that it supports better,
which include Server 2008 and 64 bit versions of Windows.

"Pat Willener" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 Update 12 is now available.
>
> * Build number: 1.6.0_12-b04
> * Download: http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/?intcmp=1281
> * Release Notes: http://java.sun.com/javase/6/webnotes/6u12.html
> * Installation Instructions:
> http://java.sun.com/javase/6/webnote...all/index.html
>
> If you already have JRE 6 Update 1x installed, there is no longer a need
> to uninstall it - Update 12 is an update to this version.
>
> If you have JRE 6 Update 7 or earlier, these must be uninstalled before
> or after the Update 12 installation.

JJ

      3rd Feb 2009
Thanks Bill. I tried going through control panel and Java, but it says I have
the latest, which is 11. Have a good day.

"Bill Sanderson" wrote:

> There are no security fixes in this update. There's no need to go to this
> version unless you are on the newest platforms that it supports better,
> which include Server 2008 and 64 bit versions of Windows.
>

> "Pat Willener" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 Update 12 is now available.
> >
> > * Build number: 1.6.0_12-b04
> > * Download: http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/?intcmp=1281
> > * Release Notes: http://java.sun.com/javase/6/webnotes/6u12.html
> > * Installation Instructions:
> > http://java.sun.com/javase/6/webnote...all/index.html
> >
> > If you already have JRE 6 Update 1x installed, there is no longer a need
> > to uninstall it - Update 12 is an update to this version.
> >
> > If you have JRE 6 Update 7 or earlier, these must be uninstalled before
> > or after the Update 12 installation.

Pat Willener

      4th Feb 2009
This is because Java Update checks with http://www.java.com/ (rather
than http://java.sun.com/), which is always late with updates - even
critical ones.

JJ wrote:
> Thanks Bill. I tried going through control panel and Java, but it says I have
> the latest, which is 11. Have a good day.
>

> "Bill Sanderson" wrote:
>
>> There are no security fixes in this update. There's no need to go to this
>> version unless you are on the newest platforms that it supports better,
>> which include Server 2008 and 64 bit versions of Windows.
>>

>> "Pat Willener" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 Update 12 is now available.
>>>
>>> * Build number: 1.6.0_12-b04
>>> * Download: http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/?intcmp=1281
>>> * Release Notes: http://java.sun.com/javase/6/webnotes/6u12.html
>>> * Installation Instructions:
>>> http://java.sun.com/javase/6/webnote...all/index.html
>>>
>>> If you already have JRE 6 Update 1x installed, there is no longer a need
>>> to uninstall it - Update 12 is an update to this version.
>>>
>>> If you have JRE 6 Update 7 or earlier, these must be uninstalled before
>>> or after the Update 12 installation.

miscellaneous files

      14th Mar 2009