      26th May 2011
Anyone else experience this in Win 7?

Control Panel/Java/About
After several seconds it blacks out.

--
Ed Light

Better World News TV Channel:
http://realnews.com

Iraq Veterans Against the War and Related:
http://ivaw.org
http://couragetoresist.org
http://antiwar.com

Send spam to the FTC at
http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
Thanks, robots.

KCB

      27th May 2011

"Ed Light" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4ddde7f3$0$19032$c3e8da3$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anyone else experience this in Win 7?
>
> Control Panel/Java/About
> After several seconds it blacks out.

I do not have that problem. Do you think this is related to your video
card, is that why you posted to this group?

Ed Light

      28th May 2011
On 5/27/2011 2:22 PM, KCB wrote:

> "Ed Light" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:4ddde7f3$0$19032$c3e8da3$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Anyone else experience this in Win 7?
>>
>> Control Panel/Java/About
>> After several seconds it blacks out.

> I do not have that problem. Do you think this is related to your video
> card, is that why you posted to this group?

I think it's ATI drivers.

I have the problem on both an Intel P31 chipset motherboard and an
nvidia 7025 AM2+ chipset motherboard, with a 4670 and 4650 respectively.

It happens with drivers 11.3 and 11.5, but not 10.11.

I have the latest Java. It also happened with the previous Java.

--
Ed Light

Better World News TV Channel:
http://realnews.com

Iraq Veterans Against the War and Related:
http://ivaw.org
http://couragetoresist.org
http://antiwar.com

Send spam to the FTC at
(E-Mail Removed)
Thanks, robots.

KCB

      28th May 2011

"Ed Light" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4de04c7e$0$26158$c3e8da3$(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 5/27/2011 2:22 PM, KCB wrote:
>>
>> "Ed Light" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:4ddde7f3$0$19032$c3e8da3$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Anyone else experience this in Win 7?
>>>
>>> Control Panel/Java/About
>>> After several seconds it blacks out.

>> I do not have that problem. Do you think this is related to your video
>> card, is that why you posted to this group?

> I think it's ATI drivers.
>
> I have the problem on both an Intel P31 chipset motherboard and an nvidia
> 7025 AM2+ chipset motherboard, with a 4670 and 4650 respectively.
>
> It happens with drivers 11.3 and 11.5, but not 10.11.
>
> I have the latest Java. It also happened with the previous Java.

I'm still on the 10.12 drivers with a 5850. If I have time to mess around
with the newer drivers this weekend, I'll post back with results. I'm just
taking a break from cutting the grass right now because it's so beeping hot
outside.

Ed Light

      28th May 2011
On 5/28/2011 11:28 AM, KCB wrote:

> I'm still on the 10.12 drivers with a 5850. If I have time to mess
> around with the newer drivers this weekend, I'll post back with results.
> I'm just taking a break from cutting the grass right now because it's so
> beeping hot outside.

Thanks!
--
Ed Light

Better World News TV Channel:
http://realnews.com

Iraq Veterans Against the War and Related:
http://ivaw.org
http://couragetoresist.org
http://antiwar.com

Send spam to the FTC at
(E-Mail Removed)
Thanks, robots.

KCB

      29th May 2011

"Ed Light" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4de17156$0$1604$c3e8da3$(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 5/28/2011 11:28 AM, KCB wrote:
>
>> I'm still on the 10.12 drivers with a 5850. If I have time to mess
>> around with the newer drivers this weekend, I'll post back with results.
>> I'm just taking a break from cutting the grass right now because it's so
>> beeping hot outside.

> Thanks!

Installed the 11.5 drivers this morning, and the Java Control Panel (about)
appears, and stays, as it should. So now I have 11.5 drivers, with a 5850,
on Win7-64 Pro.

I uninstalled all ATI software using ATI Catalyst Install Manager through
the Control Panel, rebooted, then installed the 11.5s, using default
settings. One display @ 1920x1080p, 32-bit color.

My Java is Version 6 Update 25 (build 1.6.0_25-b06). I was on previous
build until I read your original post, so I updated it, but it still
displays properly.

Sorry, I can't duplicate your issue.

Ed Light

      30th May 2011
The Java panel itself is solid. But when you open some of the
sub-windows, they black out pretty quick. Try the Security/Certificates
window.

In 11.5 I had a problem where, in Video, I set the deinterlacing to
Vector Adaptive, and it kept falling back to Bob in a short time. Fixed
it by going back to 11.3. This on 2 computers.
--
Ed Light

Better World News TV Channel:
http://realnews.com

Iraq Veterans Against the War and Related:
http://ivaw.org
http://couragetoresist.org
http://antiwar.com

Send spam to the FTC at
(E-Mail Removed)
Thanks, robots.

KCB

      30th May 2011

"Ed Light" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4de2d165$0$1690$c3e8da3$(E-Mail Removed)...
> The Java panel itself is solid. But when you open some of the sub-windows,
> they black out pretty quick. Try the Security/Certificates window.
>
> In 11.5 I had a problem where, in Video, I set the deinterlacing to Vector
> Adaptive, and it kept falling back to Bob in a short time. Fixed it by
> going back to 11.3. This on 2 computers.

None of the sub-windows did anything out of the ordinary; I tried them all.

Ed Light

      30th May 2011
On 5/29/2011 4:15 PM, KCB wrote:

> None of the sub-windows did anything out of the ordinary; I tried them all.

Thanks. I'll hope someone else had the problem and reads this thread.