java applets don't work

=?Utf-8?B?VE4z?=

      3rd Nov 2004
We have a number of computers that do not show any java applets. When
looking at Advanced Internet Options, there is no section for Microsoft VM
(which contains enabling options for Java.) I'm guessing that has something
to do with our problem. We have updated Service Pack. Any suggestions?
Thank you.

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP

      3rd Nov 2004
"TN3" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)
> We have a number of computers that do not show any java applets. When
> looking at Advanced Internet Options, there is no section for
> Microsoft VM (which contains enabling options for Java.) I'm
> guessing that has something to do with our problem. We have updated
> Service Pack. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Test Java: http://www.fitwise.com/testjava.asp
Java VM: http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers_9.htm#java2
Understand that because of a court decision Microsoft will stop all Java
support after 30 SEP 04 and is recommending that you use the Sun JRE.
Sun version
http://java.sun.com/getjava/installer.html
MSJVM Transition FAQ
http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/java/faq.asp

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

=?Utf-8?B?VE4z?=

      3rd Nov 2004
Why wouldn't we have had something previously installed to support it similar
to other computers that we have purchased prior to and after the computers in
question? Thanks.

"Frank Saunders, MS-MVP" wrote:

> "TN3" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)
> > We have a number of computers that do not show any java applets. When
> > looking at Advanced Internet Options, there is no section for
> > Microsoft VM (which contains enabling options for Java.) I'm
> > guessing that has something to do with our problem. We have updated
> > Service Pack. Any suggestions? Thank you.

> Test Java: http://www.fitwise.com/testjava.asp
> Java VM: http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers_9.htm#java2
> Understand that because of a court decision Microsoft will stop all Java
> support after 30 SEP 04 and is recommending that you use the Sun JRE.
> Sun version
> http://java.sun.com/getjava/installer.html
> MSJVM Transition FAQ
> http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/java/faq.asp
>
> --
> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
> http://www.fjsmjs.com
> Protect your PC

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP

      3rd Nov 2004
"TN3" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)
> Why wouldn't we have had something previously installed to support it
> similar to other computers that we have purchased prior to and after
> the computers in question? Thanks.

Without more details I really can't answer that. WinXP and IE6 do not come
with Java support.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com