PC Review


Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread

Issues With Exchange 5.5

 
 
James G.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10th Feb 2004
Hi,

Are there any known issues with running Exchange 5.5 on a Windows 2000 box.
I went through with the upgrade on Saturday and have had no major problems
until this morning. Now it appears i'm am locked out of the Control Panel
applets, perhaps because of memory issues?

I'm am waiting until this evening to restart the server to check that this
will resolve the issue but obviously i dont want this to be a recurring
issue.

Ideas?

James MCP


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10th Feb 2004
Hi - what do you see in your application and system event logs? Did you do a
good backup of your Exchange data before you did the upgrade?

Best to post this to m.p.exchange.admin -

James G. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Are there any known issues with running Exchange 5.5 on a Windows
> 2000 box. I went through with the upgrade on Saturday and have had no
> major problems until this morning. Now it appears i'm am locked out
> of the Control Panel applets, perhaps because of memory issues?
>
> I'm am waiting until this evening to restart the server to check that
> this will resolve the issue but obviously i dont want this to be a
> recurring issue.
>
> Ideas?
>
> James MCP



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
James G.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10th Feb 2004
Hi,

The backup went through fine. What appears to be happening after further
observation is that the STORE.EXE service is continuing to grow in size
throughout usage. I estimate that it has grown approx 5Mb in the past 2
hours. Depending on how it reacts to traffic (busy throughout the day) it
ended up at approx 700Mb before the computer restart (which worked by the
way).

I've no idea if this growth in size is normal so any input is welcome.

Thanks

James MCP


"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23tpgJa$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi - what do you see in your application and system event logs? Did you do

a
> good backup of your Exchange data before you did the upgrade?
>
> Best to post this to m.p.exchange.admin -
>
> James G. wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Are there any known issues with running Exchange 5.5 on a Windows
> > 2000 box. I went through with the upgrade on Saturday and have had no
> > major problems until this morning. Now it appears i'm am locked out
> > of the Control Panel applets, perhaps because of memory issues?
> >
> > I'm am waiting until this evening to restart the server to check that
> > this will resolve the issue but obviously i dont want this to be a
> > recurring issue.
> >
> > Ideas?
> >
> > James MCP

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11th Feb 2004
Grows in size, or in memory usage? Exchange will use as much memory as it
can - this is normal.

As I said, try posting with a lot of detail to m.p.exchange.admin

James G. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The backup went through fine. What appears to be happening after
> further observation is that the STORE.EXE service is continuing to
> grow in size throughout usage. I estimate that it has grown approx
> 5Mb in the past 2 hours. Depending on how it reacts to traffic (busy
> throughout the day) it ended up at approx 700Mb before the computer
> restart (which worked by the way).
>
> I've no idea if this growth in size is normal so any input is welcome.
>
> Thanks
>
> James MCP
>
>
> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:%23tpgJa$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi - what do you see in your application and system event logs? Did
>> you do a good backup of your Exchange data before you did the
>> upgrade?
>>
>> Best to post this to m.p.exchange.admin -
>>
>> James G. wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Are there any known issues with running Exchange 5.5 on a Windows
>>> 2000 box. I went through with the upgrade on Saturday and have had
>>> no major problems until this morning. Now it appears i'm am locked
>>> out of the Control Panel applets, perhaps because of memory issues?
>>>
>>> I'm am waiting until this evening to restart the server to check
>>> that this will resolve the issue but obviously i dont want this to
>>> be a recurring issue.
>>>
>>> Ideas?
>>>
>>> James MCP



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ISSUES ISSUES ISSUES! =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obnNhYnU=?= Windows Vista Installation 7 2nd Mar 2007 06:19 AM
SP2 affecting my Outlook Exchange communication with exchange server Marcus Feldmore Windows XP General 0 22nd Sep 2004 02:30 PM
Moving exchange 5.5 to a new machine with exchange 2000 antonio fernandez Windows XP Performance 0 3rd Nov 2003 05:17 PM
Re: Exchange Calendar not syncing (local pst folder and exchange server not in sync) Diane Poremsky [MVP] Microsoft Outlook 2 19th Aug 2003 11:33 PM
security question regarding Exchange 2000 mailbox & Exchange 5.5 Tony Ventura Windows XP Security 0 28th Jul 2003 11:16 PM


Features
 

Advertising
 

Newsgroups
 


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:39 AM.