Irfanview Plugins

prospero33

      20th Feb 2005
I have downloaded and installed the plugins for Irfanview 3.95 several
times, but whenever I try to access "effects" I get the message that
effects.dll is not available. The file is present in the Irfanview
folder.
Can anyone help me with this?

philo

      20th Feb 2005

"prospero33" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have downloaded and installed the plugins for Irfanview 3.95 several
> times, but whenever I try to access "effects" I get the message that
> effects.dll is not available. The file is present in the Irfanview
> folder.
> Can anyone help me with this?

try copying the filt to your windows\system (or system32) folder

Reno Halapeeno

      20th Feb 2005
"prospero33" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I have downloaded and installed the plugins for Irfanview 3.95 several
> times, but whenever I try to access "effects" I get the message that
> effects.dll is not available. The file is present in the Irfanview
> folder.
> Can anyone help me with this?

If you have a history with Irfanview, and have perhaps reinstalled it
over the top through a few updates, and sometimes you update the 'all-
the-plugins' package and sometimes you don't?

There's a point when you probably would be best off to simply uninstall
all of Irfanview, clean out all the files, clean out your registry
entries, reboot, and re-install first Irfanview then all the plug-ins.

You could also have a conflict if you've installed another graphics
editor since your initial Irfanview install, then perhaps updated
Irfanview since the installation of the other grapics utility.

Anyway, sometimes you just gets a corrupted software package, so just to
be safest, I'd go with downloading new install packages, then
uninstall/clean-'em'up/reinstall from the ground up.

Best regards!

Roger Hunt

      20th Feb 2005
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, philo
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes

>"prospero33" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I have downloaded and installed the plugins for Irfanview 3.95 several
>> times, but whenever I try to access "effects" I get the message that
>> effects.dll is not available. The file is present in the Irfanview
>> folder.
>> Can anyone help me with this?
>>

>try copying the filt to your windows\system (or system32) folder

It lives in ...\irfanview\plugins folder here, and works OK.
--
Roger Hunt