IrDA & WIN SERVER 2003???

Fernando J. Pelicano de Sousa

      6th Feb 2005
Dear ALL,

I'm trying for the first time WIN SERVER 2003 and, up to know, I couldn't
activate the IrDA device.

I'm using a Toshiba Satellite Pro 4600......

All help is very welcome!

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Fernando Sousa

Javier J

      8th Feb 2005
From what is worth, IrDA is _NOT_ supported by MS on Windows 2003
ADVANCED SERVER. It _does_ work on Windows 2003 STANDARD SERVER.

From:
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d...ncepts_301.asp
(http://tinyurl.com/5rycx)

The Infrared Data Association (IrDA)

The Infrared Data Association (IrDA) is an international organization
that sets standards for infrared data connections. The infrared support
provided by Windows XP Home Edition, Windows XP Professional, and
Windows Server 2003, Standard Edition is designed to meet these standards.

For more information about IrDA, see the Infrared Data Association Web site.

HTH.

Javier

FWIW, I had to re-install Windows 2003 (and downgrade to STD from
Enterprise on my work PC) to get IrDA.