IP doesn't support FrontPage Extensions

PaulR

      17th Jun 2008
My IP who is hosting my website says Microsoft is no longer supporting FP
Extensions so he doesn't have a server with the FP Extensions loaded on it.
Is this true or do I need to look for another hosting service?

Helpful person

      17th Jun 2008
On Jun 17, 3:19*pm, PaulR <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> My IP who is hosting my website says Microsoft is no longer supporting FP
> Extensions so he doesn't have a server with the FP Extensions loaded on it.. *
> Is this true or do I need to look for another hosting service?

My host has also stopped supporting FrontPage. However, if you are
not using any of the extensions it should not affect you.

You should do what I'm doing. Look at this as an opportunity to
become conversant in HTML and (to a lesser extent) in JavaScript and
rewrite your web without needing FrontPage or other programs.

Tom [Pepper] Willett

      17th Jun 2008
FP is no longer supporting FP server extensions, except for Windows Server
2003 and Windows Server 2008.

However, that doesn't mean the ISP has to discontinue using them, unless
they *choose* to do so.
--
Tom [Pepper] Willett
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
"PaulR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
: My IP who is hosting my website says Microsoft is no longer supporting FP
: Extensions so he doesn't have a server with the FP Extensions loaded on
it.
: Is this true or do I need to look for another hosting service?

Mike Mueller

      17th Jun 2008
First things first- are you using features that require them?

MS will be supporting the FPSE for a few more years at least, as they are
part of Windows 2003. There is a version of the FPSE for Windows 2008 Server
also. So they will be around for awhile
Apache servers are another story, and many 'nix/Apache web hosts are not
offerering the extensions anymore.

There are many providers that are Win/IIS based, and they may have the FPSE
available for you. One that I know of off hand is CrystalTech.

As the other replier stated, you may want to become more familiar with the
various scripting options to ween yourself from the extensions. IMHO the
FPSE are restrictive and fragile.

HTH, Mike