Event ID: 1002
Date: 7/13/2007
Time: 8:08:37 AM
User: N/A
Computer: AVS2
The IP address lease 10.84.180.6 for the Network Card with network address
0013D36D544C has been denied by the DHCP server 0.0.0.0 (The DHCP Server sent
a DHCPNACK message).

KC

Patrick Keenan

      13th Jul 2007
"KCav" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: Dhcp
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 1002
> Date: 7/13/2007
> Time: 8:08:37 AM
> User: N/A
> Computer: AVS2
> The IP address lease 10.84.180.6 for the Network Card with network address
> 0013D36D544C has been denied by the DHCP server 0.0.0.0 (The DHCP Server
> sent
> a DHCPNACK message).

> KC

This is more likely a problem with your router than with Windows, unless you
have some sort of partial IP setup that's interfering. Set the card to
straight DHCP with no other settings, then reboot. Otherwise, check the
router from another working system.

HTH
-pk

The Marker

      13th Jul 2007
Just follow that link for the answer :

Explanation
The DHCP Server service did not extend the lease on your computer's IP
address, so your computer temporarily lost its connection with the network.

This could be caused by a scope change. For example, when a roaming
laptop moves from one network to another, its IP address lease might need
renewal. When the DHCP Client service tries to renew the address, that
request might go to a different server that will not extend the lease either
because it does not know about this address lease or because it has already
issued the address lease to another client.

This also happens when two DHCP servers are configured to give out
addresses in the same IP address range.

User Action
No user action is required. The DHCP Client service will continue
trying to obtain a working IP address until it succeeds, and DHCP
establishes the network connection on its own.

"KCav" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: Dhcp
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 1002
> Date: 7/13/2007
> Time: 8:08:37 AM
> User: N/A
> Computer: AVS2
> The IP address lease 10.84.180.6 for the Network Card with network address
> 0013D36D544C has been denied by the DHCP server 0.0.0.0 (The DHCP Server
> sent
> a DHCPNACK message).

> KC

C J.

      13th Jul 2007
Thats a common error message for me as well.

A quick search of the Event ID and source: Dhcp produces following
explanation:

"This behavior can occur because the DHCP server service is not bound to a
statically-configured Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol
(TCP/IP) adapter, which is usually the internal adapter. "

Whatever that means... Right?.

My adapter is built in to my motherboard - which is what I suspect is what
is meant by internal adapter. It Not bound to a Statically configured
TCP/IP - which means that because my PC is stand alone Workstation and is
not part of a domain, or more directly a domain controller,(server) and the
IP address is a dynamic and a not Static * address ( my IP address is
changed (or dhcp assigned) periodically by my ISP,) so the DCHP service was
unable to renew the adapters old address , so it sent a \dchpnack signal to
flush out the old address and replace it with the new IP address ISP is
assigning.

* A static IP is usually a permanent fixed IP address for your PC that would
be provided by your ISP. Unless your running as a server, it shouldnt
affect your connectivity to the internet. It doesn't on mine.

KCav <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: Dhcp
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 1002
> Date: 7/13/2007
> Time: 8:08:37 AM
> User: N/A
> Computer: AVS2
> The IP address lease 10.84.180.6 for the Network Card with network address
> 0013D36D544C has been denied by the DHCP server 0.0.0.0 (The DHCP Server
> sent a DHCPNACK message).

=?Utf-8?B?S0Nhdg==?=

      14th Jul 2007
Sory, I don't understand ,"set the card to straight DHCP"
--
KC

"Patrick Keenan" wrote:

> "KCav" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Event Type: Error
> > Event Source: Dhcp
> > Event Category: None
> > Event ID: 1002
> > Date: 7/13/2007
> > Time: 8:08:37 AM
> > User: N/A
> > Computer: AVS2
> > The IP address lease 10.84.180.6 for the Network Card with network address
> > 0013D36D544C has been denied by the DHCP server 0.0.0.0 (The DHCP Server
> > sent
> > a DHCPNACK message).

> > --
> > KC

> This is more likely a problem with your router than with Windows, unless you
> have some sort of partial IP setup that's interfering. Set the card to
> straight DHCP with no other settings, then reboot. Otherwise, check the
> router from another working system.
>
> HTH
> -pk

NotMe

      14th Jul 2007
It also happens when the total number of assigned DHCP addresses has been
assigned.
If the router/DHCP server is set to only give 4, number 5 will be denied.

--
A Professional Amateur...If anyone knew it all, none of would be here!
(E-Mail Removed)
"C J." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thats a common error message for me as well.
>
> A quick search of the Event ID and source: Dhcp produces following
> explanation:
>
> "This behavior can occur because the DHCP server service is not bound to a
> statically-configured Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol
> (TCP/IP) adapter, which is usually the internal adapter. "
>
> Whatever that means... Right?.
>
> My adapter is built in to my motherboard - which is what I suspect is what
> is meant by internal adapter. It Not bound to a Statically configured
> TCP/IP - which means that because my PC is stand alone Workstation and is
> not part of a domain, or more directly a domain controller,(server) and
> the IP address is a dynamic and a not Static * address ( my IP address is
> changed (or dhcp assigned) periodically by my ISP,) so the DCHP service
> was unable to renew the adapters old address , so it sent a \dchpnack
> signal to flush out the old address and replace it with the new IP address
> ISP is assigning.
>
> * A static IP is usually a permanent fixed IP address for your PC that
> would be provided by your ISP. Unless your running as a server, it
> shouldnt affect your connectivity to the internet. It doesn't on mine.
>
> KCav <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Event Type: Error
>> Event Source: Dhcp
>> Event Category: None
>> Event ID: 1002
>> Date: 7/13/2007
>> Time: 8:08:37 AM
>> User: N/A
>> Computer: AVS2
>> The IP address lease 10.84.180.6 for the Network Card with network
>> address
>> 0013D36D544C has been denied by the DHCP server 0.0.0.0 (The DHCP Server
>> sent a DHCPNACK message).

C J.

      14th Jul 2007
Is there a setting that can be changed? I openned services earlier and my
DHCP service was "Started" and set to Automatic.

NotMe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> It also happens when the total number of assigned DHCP addresses has been
> assigned.
> If the router/DHCP server is set to only give 4, number 5 will be denied.
>
>> Thats a common error message for me as well.
>>
>> A quick search of the Event ID and source: Dhcp produces following
>> explanation:
>>
>> "This behavior can occur because the DHCP server service is not bound to
>> a statically-configured Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol
>> (TCP/IP) adapter, which is usually the internal adapter. "
>>
>> Whatever that means... Right?.
>>
>> My adapter is built in to my motherboard - which is what I suspect is
>> what is meant by internal adapter. It Not bound to a Statically
>> configured TCP/IP - which means that because my PC is stand alone
>> Workstation and is not part of a domain, or more directly a domain
>> controller,(server) and the IP address is a dynamic and a not Static *
>> address ( my IP address is changed (or dhcp assigned) periodically by my
>> ISP,) so the DCHP service was unable to renew the adapters old address
>> , so it sent a \dchpnack signal to flush out the old address and replace
>> it with the new IP address ISP is assigning.
>>
>> * A static IP is usually a permanent fixed IP address for your PC that
>> would be provided by your ISP. Unless your running as a server, it
>> shouldnt affect your connectivity to the internet. It doesn't on mine.
>>
>> KCav <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> Event Type: Error
>>> Event Source: Dhcp
>>> Event Category: None
>>> Event ID: 1002
>>> Date: 7/13/2007
>>> Time: 8:08:37 AM
>>> User: N/A
>>> Computer: AVS2
>>> The IP address lease 10.84.180.6 for the Network Card with network
>>> address
>>> 0013D36D544C has been denied by the DHCP server 0.0.0.0 (The DHCP Server
>>> sent a DHCPNACK message).
>>>
>>> For more information, see Help and Support Center at
>>> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Patrick Keenan

      15th Jul 2007
"KCav" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sory, I don't understand ,"set the card to straight DHCP"
> --
> KC

In the TCP/IP properties for the card, on the General tab, choose Obtain an
IP address automatically, and Obtain DNS server automatically.

This tells Windows to ask for this information from the router - this is
DHCP.

HTH
-pk