Ion scan2pc vista

guyrws

      20th Dec 2008
I have an Ion slide scanner which is supplied with Arcsoft Photo
Impression 6. I am running it on Vista Ultimate. When the software
runs the results are great, but it is unstable and slow.
So I have looked at other slide scanning software and came up with
Vuescan. It looks a lot more professional. However, it can not find
the scanner. I have looked in the device manager and the scanner
appears under imaging devices, but in control panel/scanners and
cameras the Ion slides2pc does not appear. I have tried adding a
device but vista does not recognise the .inf files provided on the
driver disc.

Is this a case of another bad Vista driver compatibility?
Any suggestions please?

CSM1

      21st Dec 2008
"guyrws" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have an Ion slide scanner which is supplied with Arcsoft Photo
> Impression 6. I am running it on Vista Ultimate. When the software
> runs the results are great, but it is unstable and slow.
> So I have looked at other slide scanning software and came up with
> Vuescan. It looks a lot more professional. However, it can not find
> the scanner. I have looked in the device manager and the scanner
> appears under imaging devices, but in control panel/scanners and
> cameras the Ion slides2pc does not appear. I have tried adding a
> device but vista does not recognise the .inf files provided on the
> driver disc.
>
> Is this a case of another bad Vista driver compatibility?
> Any suggestions please?

Look at the supported scanner list.
Is your scanner listed.

http://www.hamrick.com/vuescan/vuescan.htm#supported

Did you get the Vista version of VueScan?
http://www.hamrick.com/vsm.html

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com