internet radio

bassbag

      13th Dec 2003
anyone recommend any good free progs that play internet radio?Tried the
one cookie mentioned in earlier thread (intenet radio tuner) but found
that every station i tried was unavailable and i got bored after 10 mins
of trying to find one.i have winamp and wmp installed but would prefer
some sort of dedicated tuner....that works and that doesnt take huge
amounts or resources to open/run
me

FYIS.org/estore

      13th Dec 2003
In news:(E-Mail Removed),
bassbag posted:
> anyone recommend any good free progs that play internet radio?Tried
> the one cookie mentioned in earlier thread (intenet radio tuner) but
> found that every station i tried was unavailable and i got bored
> after 10 mins of trying to find one.i have winamp and wmp installed
> but would prefer some sort of dedicated tuner....that works and
> that doesnt take huge amounts or resources to open/run
> me

Luv the search capabilities of Windows Media Player 9 Series
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...ad/default.asp

DanlK, FYI Services
www.FYIS.org
Visit our www.FYIS.org/estore

Bart Vandewoestyne

      13th Dec 2003
bassbag wrote:

> anyone recommend any good free progs that play internet radio?Tried the
> one cookie mentioned in earlier thread (intenet radio tuner) but found
> that every station i tried was unavailable and i got bored after 10 mins
> of trying to find one.

Maybe you can try one of these:

http://osswin.sourceforge.net/#mediaplaya

Regards,
Bart

--
Bart Vandewoestyne Bart.Vandewoestyne_at_pandora.be
Naamsesteenweg 328 bus 201 GSM: +32 (0)478 397 697

vanrinsg

      14th Dec 2003
That's the one I'm using http://www.technicland.com/radioweb.php3
Nice tool but limited to Belgium, France, Switzerland, Canada

"bassbag" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> anyone recommend any good free progs that play internet radio?Tried the
> one cookie mentioned in earlier thread (intenet radio tuner) but found
> that every station i tried was unavailable and i got bored after 10 mins
> of trying to find one.i have winamp and wmp installed but would prefer
> some sort of dedicated tuner....that works and that doesnt take huge
> amounts or resources to open/run
> me

John Corliss

      14th Dec 2003
FYIS.org/estore wrote:

> In news:(E-Mail Removed),
> bassbag posted:
>
>>anyone recommend any good free progs that play internet radio?Tried
>>the one cookie mentioned in earlier thread (intenet radio tuner) but
>>found that every station i tried was unavailable and i got bored
>>after 10 mins of trying to find one.i have winamp and wmp installed
>>but would prefer some sort of dedicated tuner....that works and
>>that doesnt take huge amounts or resources to open/run
>>me

> Luv the search capabilities of Windows Media Player 9 Series
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...ad/default.asp
>
> DanlK, FYI Services
> www.FYIS.org
> Visit our www.FYIS.org/estore

AFAIK, WMP9 forces DRM on you.

--
Regards from John Corliss

Global Warming

      14th Dec 2003
bassbag <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> anyone recommend any good free progs that play internet radio?Tried
> the one cookie mentioned in earlier thread (intenet radio tuner) but
> found that every station i tried was unavailable and i got bored after
> 10 mins of trying to find one.i have winamp and wmp installed but
> would prefer some sort of dedicated tuner....that works and that
> doesnt take huge amounts or resources to open/run
> me

http://www.viddiradioplayer.com/

Ad-free Internet Radio.
Over 1250 pre tuned internet radio stations from all across the world in
one small program. Stream info such as artist and name of song and
quality of stream. Direct linking to amazon.com's database for more info
about the artist/song. Direct linking to the radio stations webpage.
Add/remove your favourite web radio stations to your own personal
favorite list. Automatic database updating to prevent dead links. (just
click the about screen) Skin support, customize the look of the player
the way you like. No browser required.
And the best part ? It's all 100% FREE*.

Elephant

      14th Dec 2003
Global Warming wrote:

> http://www.viddiradioplayer.com/
>
> Ad-free Internet Radio.
> Over 1250 pre tuned internet radio stations from all across the world in
> one small program. Stream info such as artist and name of song and
> quality of stream. Direct linking to amazon.com's database for more info
> about the artist/song. Direct linking to the radio stations webpage.
> Add/remove your favourite web radio stations to your own personal
> favorite list. Automatic database updating to prevent dead links. (just
> click the about screen) Skin support, customize the look of the player
> the way you like. No browser required.
> And the best part ? It's all 100% FREE*.

That's what I'm using. Such a small program, yet has great sound and
lots and lots of stations to choose from. Also found that doing a
little copy and pasting, you can enter almost any station from
"LIVE365.com" and enjoy their stations without having to use 365's
player and have to put up with all their pop ups and nag ads.
Highly recommend it.

bassbag

      14th Dec 2003
In article <Xns94515A7FB8CFriverwatchmyrealboxc@130.133.1.4>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> bassbag <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > anyone recommend any good free progs that play internet radio?Tried
> > the one cookie mentioned in earlier thread (intenet radio tuner) but
> > found that every station i tried was unavailable and i got bored after
> > 10 mins of trying to find one.i have winamp and wmp installed but
> > would prefer some sort of dedicated tuner....that works and that
> > doesnt take huge amounts or resources to open/run
> > me

> http://www.viddiradioplayer.com/
>
> Ad-free Internet Radio.
> Over 1250 pre tuned internet radio stations from all across the world in
> one small program. Stream info such as artist and name of song and
> quality of stream. Direct linking to amazon.com's database for more info
> about the artist/song. Direct linking to the radio stations webpage.
> Add/remove your favourite web radio stations to your own personal
> favorite list. Automatic database updating to prevent dead links. (just
> click the about screen) Skin support, customize the look of the player
> the way you like. No browser required.
> And the best part ? It's all 100% FREE*.

Thanks to everyone for suggestions ,but this seems to be the best
one.Works fine ,not very big and no nag screens (donationware).Thanks for
link global warming
me

Poke

      15th Dec 2003
On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 10:39:16 +0100, vanrinsg wrote:

> That's the one I'm using http://www.technicland.com/radioweb.php3
> Nice tool but limited to Belgium, France, Switzerland, Canada

Is there an English version ?
TIA
--
Poke

Poke

      15th Dec 2003
On 14 Dec 2003 13:53:24 GMT, Global Warming wrote:

> http://www.viddiradioplayer.com/
>
> Ad-free Internet Radio.

This program requires RealOne Player to be installed.

How do you get around all the spyware RealOne brings with it ?

Or am I behind the times and RealOne is now well-behaved ?

--
Poke