Internet Options

Daniel

      1st Jan 2005
I am the administrator for my computer, yet I can't access IE/tools/options
because it says that:

"the operation has been cancelled due to restriction in effect on this
computer. Please contact your system administrator."

I believe that this has something to do with the fact that I can't access my
hotmail or yahoo messages. I can get to the inbox but can't get anything to
open. I get errors in javascript on the page. It works fine with Netscape
but somehow I am prevented from using web based email in IE 6.0 SP2

HELP!

Bruce Hagen

      1st Jan 2005
If you have used SpyBot's Immunize tool recently, see this:
http://www.safer-networking.org/inde...=faq&detail=24

If not, see this
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_d...strictions.htm
--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - (IE/OE)

"Daniel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0LDBd.4190$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am the administrator for my computer, yet I can't access
>IE/tools/options because it says that:
>
> "the operation has been cancelled due to restriction in effect on
> this computer. Please contact your system administrator."
>

> I believe that this has something to do with the fact that I can't
> access my hotmail or yahoo messages. I can get to the inbox but
> can't get anything to open. I get errors in javascript on the page.
> It works fine with Netscape but somehow I am prevented from using
> web based email in IE 6.0 SP2
>
> HELP!

oops!!

      1st Jan 2005

Daniel,

Download this registry patch:

http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/UnlockNoBrowserOptions.reg
Removes the Administrator message in Internet Options

Right-click and select: Merge - to enter the info into the Registry, and
reboot.

Zee

"Daniel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0LDBd.4190$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am the administrator for my computer, yet I can't access

IE/tools/options
> because it says that:
>
> "the operation has been cancelled due to restriction in effect on this
> computer. Please contact your system administrator."
>

> I believe that this has something to do with the fact that I can't access

my
> hotmail or yahoo messages. I can get to the inbox but can't get anything

> open. I get errors in javascript on the page. It works fine with Netscape
> but somehow I am prevented from using web based email in IE 6.0 SP2
>
> HELP!

Jim Pickering

      1st Jan 2005
Try this:

Close IE.
Open Regedit. (registry editor)
Find the value NoBrowserOptions and remove every instance of it.
--
Jim Pickering, MVP, Outlook Express
Please reply to newsgroup only.

"Daniel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0LDBd.4190$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am the administrator for my computer, yet I can't access IE/tools/options
>because it says that:
>
> "the operation has been cancelled due to restriction in effect on this
> computer. Please contact your system administrator."
>

> I believe that this has something to do with the fact that I can't access
> my hotmail or yahoo messages. I can get to the inbox but can't get
> anything to open. I get errors in javascript on the page. It works fine
> with Netscape but somehow I am prevented from using web based email in IE
> 6.0 SP2
>
> HELP!

Daniel

      1st Jan 2005