Internet Explorer Script Error

neil154

      8th Jul 2009

I am using Outlook 2007 with XP Pro and IE8(I also had problem when using IE7).

If I open an email and go to print I get a error message:
Internet Explorer Script Error
An error has occurred in the script on this page
Line 253
Char 1
Error unspecified error
code 0

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?

It does not matter how I answer the question, I can not print the email.

I would appreciate your help.

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

      19th Jul 2009
Usual fix is to type the following at Start, Run:
regsvr32 ole32.dll

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:
(E-Mail Removed)

(E-Mail Removed)

Let's Really Fix Outlook 2010
http://forums.slipstick.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34

"neil154" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am using Outlook 2007 with XP Pro and IE8(I also had problem when using
> IE7).
>
> If I open an email and go to print I get a error message:
> Internet Explorer Script Error
> An error has occurred in the script on this page
> Line 253
> Char 1
> Error unspecified error
> code 0
>
> Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?
>
> It does not matter how I answer the question, I can not print the email.
>
> I would appreciate your help.

59Stew

      28th Aug 2009

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> Usual fix is to type the following at Start, Run:
> regsvr32 ole32.dll
>

> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:
> (E-Mail Removed)

> (E-Mail Removed)
>
> Let's Really Fix Outlook 2010
> http://forums.slipstick.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34
>
> "neil154" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I am using Outlook 2007 with XP Pro and IE8(I also had problem when using
> > IE7).
> >
> > If I open an email and go to print I get a error message:
> > Internet Explorer Script Error
> > An error has occurred in the script on this page
> > Line 253
> > Char 1
> > Error unspecified error
> > code 0
> >
> > Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?
> >
> > It does not matter how I answer the question, I can not print the email.
> >
> > I would appreciate your help.

> I've had a similar problem, Diane, & found your answer solved the problem. Thanks for your help. 59Stew

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

      31st Aug 2009
Thanks for letting us know.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:
(E-Mail Removed)

(E-Mail Removed)

"59Stew" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Usual fix is to type the following at Start, Run:
>> regsvr32 ole32.dll
>>

>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> (E-Mail Removed)

>> (E-Mail Removed)
>>
>> Let's Really Fix Outlook 2010
>> http://forums.slipstick.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34
>>
>> "neil154" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > I am using Outlook 2007 with XP Pro and IE8(I also had problem when
>> > using
>> > IE7).
>> >
>> > If I open an email and go to print I get a error message:
>> > Internet Explorer Script Error
>> > An error has occurred in the script on this page
>> > Line 253
>> > Char 1
>> > Error unspecified error
>> > code 0
>> >
>> > Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?
>> >
>> > It does not matter how I answer the question, I can not print the
>> > email.
>> >
>> > I would appreciate your help.

>> I've had a similar problem, Diane, & found your answer solved the
>> problem. Thanks for your help. 59Stew

ADE

      21st Oct 2009
Hi Diane,

We are also getting this problem intermittently within a Terminal Server
environment and although we find that re-registering regsvr32 ole32.dll fixes
the problem temporarily, the dll appears to requires re-registering on the
various servers on a regular basis.

users experiencing this problem also find that they may get the error when
attempting to print from Outlook, but then a subsequent attempt to print the
same email seconds later results in a successful print.

Any ideas as to why this could be?

Many Thanks for your help

Ade

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> Thanks for letting us know.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:
> (E-Mail Removed)

> (E-Mail Removed)
>
> "59Stew" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >

> > "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Usual fix is to type the following at Start, Run:
> >> regsvr32 ole32.dll
> >>

> >> --
> >> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> >> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> >> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
> >>
> >> Outlook Tips by email:
> >> (E-Mail Removed)
> >>
> >> EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
> >> (E-Mail Removed)
> >>
> >> Let's Really Fix Outlook 2010
> >> http://forums.slipstick.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34
> >>
> >> "neil154" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> >> I've had a similar problem, Diane, & found your answer solved the
> >> problem. Thanks for your help. 59Stew

Paul

      10th Nov 2009
I am also experiencing this problem and have discovered that the registering
of the regsvr32 ole.dll does work but after a couple of days I am having to
re-register it again and this is annnoying. Help anybody got any other
suggestions?

Paul
"ADE" wrote:

> Hi Diane,
>
> We are also getting this problem intermittently within a Terminal Server
> environment and although we find that re-registering regsvr32 ole32.dll fixes
> the problem temporarily, the dll appears to requires re-registering on the
> various servers on a regular basis.
>
> users experiencing this problem also find that they may get the error when
> attempting to print from Outlook, but then a subsequent attempt to print the
> same email seconds later results in a successful print.
>
> Any ideas as to why this could be?
>
> Many Thanks for your help
>
> Ade
>
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Thanks for letting us know.
> >
> > --
> > Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> > Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> > Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
> >
> > Outlook Tips by email:
> > (E-Mail Removed)
> >
> > EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
> > (E-Mail Removed)
> >
> > "59Stew" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Fred

      27th Nov 2009
I'm getting this error message when printing a message in Outlook using the
small printer icon. The problem comes only by printing messages requesting a
delivery receipt from the sender and without having open the mail before.

So these are the situations:
print mail without opening the message, without delivery receipt: OK
print mail without opening the message, with delivery receipt: KO
print mail with opening the message, without delivery receipt: OK
print mail with opening the message, with delivery receipt: OK

the context is a Windows 2003 Terminal Server with IE8. The problem is there
since the IE7 to IE8 Upgrade.

I've tried the "regsvr32 ole32.dll" without success and didn't find actually
any workaround other than requesting the clients to open the mail before
printing.

New Member

      13th Dec 2009
I'm a newbie to this forum and am having a similar problem with a couple unique twists. I am able to print from Outlook (2003 with on an XP machine) BUT my wife cannot. She is getting an Intenet Exporer Script Error when she tries to print. The other strange behavior is that the error popup does not show a line, char, error, code or url. All the fields are blank. If you answer either Yes or No to the question, nothing happens you need to close outlook to get rid of the popup.

I tried one of the regsvr32 suggestions posted here, but it did not solve the problem. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Skor

"Fred" wrote:

> I'm getting this error message when printing a message in Outlook using the
> small printer icon. The problem comes only by printing messages requesting a
> delivery receipt from the sender and without having open the mail before.
>
> So these are the situations:
> print mail without opening the message, without delivery receipt: OK
> print mail without opening the message, with delivery receipt: KO
> print mail with opening the message, without delivery receipt: OK
> print mail with opening the message, with delivery receipt: OK
>
> the context is a Windows 2003 Terminal Server with IE8. The problem is there
> since the IE7 to IE8 Upgrade.
>
> I've tried the "regsvr32 ole32.dll" without success and didn't find actually
> any workaround other than requesting the clients to open the mail before
> printing.

johnjneumann

      27th Jan 2010
The issue is actually Internet Explorer, not Outlook.

I've found that this condition only happens in Outlook when opening HTML
formatted emails. I've never had it happen with plain text nor rich text
emails.
Oddly, even with HTML emails, I can forward or reply and pint that
in-process forward/reply window without issue.
The "error: 54" concurrently happens in IE8 when trying to print a
fully-loaded webpage (ex. google.com).

Chances are that you upgraded to IE8 (Internet Explorer 8) and did not go
through the initial configuration process when launching IE8 for the first
time.
Launch IE8, go through the initial config, restart IE8 and Outlook and see
if you message goes away.

If the "error: 54" remains:
1. If you want, I'd first suggest you Reboot the system (yes, I know a
reboot alone will not fix this)
2. Login as ADMINISTRATOR. Note: even if your PC user is in the PC's group
of administrators, it wasn't enough for me to do the following as that PC
user.
3. When in as ADMINISTRATOR, start IE8.
3a. IF you have previously congifured IE8 under the administrator ID, then
reset its settings with: TOOLS > INTERNET OPTIONS > [tab ADVANCED] [RESTORE
ADVANCED SETTINGS] ..and.. [ [RESET]>[RESET] (wait while it does its
work)[CLOSE] >[OK] ] ..and.. [APPLY] ..then.. [OK] then close and restart
IE8.
3b. Answer all the IE8 initial configuration settings again.
4. Logoff and logon as the user again.
5. When in as the user, launch IE8. I've consistantly had to do the
configuration of IE8 all over again for the user, even though I did it before
logging in as administrator. So, answer the IE8 initial config screens again.
6. Launch Outlook. All works fine for me from then on (as does printing
from web pages like google.com)
7. Done.