Internet Explorer remains as an active process after closing

LaVerne

      2nd Sep 2003
I am having problems closing internet explorer 6. I am
running windows 2000. When I close the browser,
iexplore.exe remains active as a process utilizing high
cpu. I have to end the process manually. I have checked
for viruses, have the latest service packs installed, but
to no avail. Any suggestions on what to do next? Thanks

Mike

      2nd Sep 2003

I'm having the same problem. I noticed it because I keep
getting pop up ads when my IE^ is 'closed'. Closing the
program leavs the process running even though there is no
other way to see that it is running.

Frank Saunders MS-MVP, IE/OE

      2nd Sep 2003
Get and run these programs (if you test after each one you can stop when the
problem is gone):
Ad-Aware:
http://www.lavasoftusa.com
Once installed make sure to update via online before scanning!
and
SpyBot - Search & Destroy -
http://security.kolla.de/
http://security.kolla.de/index.php?l...&page=download
http://spybot.eon.net.au/
http://www.tomcoyote.org/SPYBOT/
Once installed make sure to update via online before scanning!
and
BHO Demon: http://www.spywareinfo.com/downloads/bhod/

Until the problem is solved.

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP, IE/OE
Please Reply to Newsgroup; Please no email.

news:00cd01c37180$334b6ec0$(E-Mail Removed)...