Internet Explorer (Black Window Pop-up)

=?Utf-8?B?RWxzaWU=?=

      5th Aug 2006
Recently when I close out IE, there's a black window that pops up & very
quickly disappears. I am unable to read the title bar at the top due to it
disappearing "so fast". It looks like some of the writing near the end may
include the word "download". Again, I am unsure because it disappears "so
quickly". I've tried repeated to open & close IE & try to read it to no
avail.

Can anyone tell me what this is? I have updated McAfee Security Center &
also SpyBot. Nothing shows when I run them.

Will Denny

      5th Aug 2006
Hi

Try searching for any spyware you may have on your system:

CWShredder - http://aumha.org/downloads/cwshredder.zip
Spy Sweeper - www.webroot.com
Ad-Aware - www.lavasoftusa.com

Try SpyWareBlaster to stop intrusions:

Also see the following links:

http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Elsie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Recently when I close out IE, there's a black window that pops up & very
> quickly disappears. I am unable to read the title bar at the top due to
> it
> disappearing "so fast". It looks like some of the writing near the end
> may
> include the word "download". Again, I am unsure because it disappears "so
> quickly". I've tried repeated to open & close IE & try to read it to no
> avail.
>
> Can anyone tell me what this is? I have updated McAfee Security Center &
> also SpyBot. Nothing shows when I run them.

Will Denny

      5th Aug 2006
Hi

Try these programs as well to search for any spyware you may have on your
system:

CWShredder - http://aumha.org/downloads/cwshredder.zip
Spy Sweeper - www.webroot.com
Ad-Aware - www.lavasoftusa.com

Try SpyWareBlaster to stop intrusions:

Also see the following links:

http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups

"Elsie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Recently when I close out IE, there's a black window that pops up & very
> quickly disappears. I am unable to read the title bar at the top due to
> it
> disappearing "so fast". It looks like some of the writing near the end
> may
> include the word "download". Again, I am unsure because it disappears "so
> quickly". I've tried repeated to open & close IE & try to read it to no
> avail.
>
> Can anyone tell me what this is? I have updated McAfee Security Center &
> also SpyBot. Nothing shows when I run them.

=?Utf-8?B?RWxzaWU=?=

      5th Aug 2006
Are all of these "safe" programs to install? Is there any site I can check
system from just "online" with a download?

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Try searching for any spyware you may have on your system:
>
> CWShredder - http://aumha.org/downloads/cwshredder.zip
> Spy Sweeper - www.webroot.com
> Ad-Aware - www.lavasoftusa.com
>
> Try SpyWareBlaster to stop intrusions:

> Also see the following links:
>
> http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
> http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
>
> --
>

> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>
> "Elsie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Recently when I close out IE, there's a black window that pops up & very
> > quickly disappears. I am unable to read the title bar at the top due to
> > it
> > disappearing "so fast". It looks like some of the writing near the end
> > may
> > include the word "download". Again, I am unsure because it disappears "so
> > quickly". I've tried repeated to open & close IE & try to read it to no
> > avail.
> >
> > Can anyone tell me what this is? I have updated McAfee Security Center &
> > also SpyBot. Nothing shows when I run them.

Will Denny

      5th Aug 2006
Hi

Yes, they are all 'safe' programs to download and install - I use them every
day.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups

"Elsie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Are all of these "safe" programs to install? Is there any site I can
> check
> system from just "online" with a download?
>
> "Will Denny" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Try searching for any spyware you may have on your system:
>>
>> CWShredder - http://aumha.org/downloads/cwshredder.zip
>> Spy Sweeper - www.webroot.com
>> Ad-Aware - www.lavasoftusa.com
>>
>> Try SpyWareBlaster to stop intrusions:
>>
>> http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html
>>
>> Also see the following links:
>>
>> http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
>>
>> --
>>

>> Will Denny
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>
>> "Elsie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Recently when I close out IE, there's a black window that pops up &
>> > very
>> > quickly disappears. I am unable to read the title bar at the top due
>> > it
>> > disappearing "so fast". It looks like some of the writing near the end
>> > may
>> > include the word "download". Again, I am unsure because it disappears
>> > "so
>> > quickly". I've tried repeated to open & close IE & try to read it to
>> > no
>> > avail.
>> >
>> > Can anyone tell me what this is? I have updated McAfee Security Center
>> > &
>> > also SpyBot. Nothing shows when I run them.

=?Utf-8?B?RWxzaWU=?=

      5th Aug 2006
I found the culprit....it's from McAfee Site Advisor. This file that cause
the popup is in Programs/SiteAdvisor/Downloads/sasetup. Can this file be
deleted safely or would it cause the SiteAdvisor not to run?

Elsie

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Yes, they are all 'safe' programs to download and install - I use them every
> day.
>
> --
>

> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>
> "Elsie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Are all of these "safe" programs to install? Is there any site I can
> > check
> > system from just "online" with a download?
> >
> > "Will Denny" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> Try searching for any spyware you may have on your system:
> >>
> >> CWShredder - http://aumha.org/downloads/cwshredder.zip
> >> Spy Sweeper - www.webroot.com
> >> Ad-Aware - www.lavasoftusa.com
> >>
> >> Try SpyWareBlaster to stop intrusions:
> >>
> >> http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html
> >>
> >> Also see the following links:
> >>
> >> http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
> >> http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
> >>
> >> --
> >>

> >> Will Denny
> >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> >> Please reply to the News Groups
> >>
> >> "Elsie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Will Denny

      5th Aug 2006
Hi

I'm sorry, but I don't use McAfee so can't give you a definitive answer.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups

"Elsie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I found the culprit....it's from McAfee Site Advisor. This file that cause
> the popup is in Programs/SiteAdvisor/Downloads/sasetup. Can this file be
> deleted safely or would it cause the SiteAdvisor not to run?
>
> Elsie
>
> "Will Denny" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Yes, they are all 'safe' programs to download and install - I use them
>> every
>> day.
>>
>> --
>>

>> Will Denny
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>
>> "Elsie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Are all of these "safe" programs to install? Is there any site I can
>> > check
>> > system from just "online" with a download?

Iceman

      5th Aug 2006
On Sat, 5 Aug 2006 17:22:44 +0100, Will Denny wrote in message
<news:#(E-Mail Removed)>:

> Hi
>
> Yes, they are all 'safe' programs to download and install - I use them every
> day.

Maybe a question mark should be placed with CWShredder. I heard it hasn't
been updated since last November.