Internet Explorer 7 for Windows Vista not prompting me to "Open/Run" or "Save" files

Brandon Taylor

      1st Apr 2007
I have lately been having an issue with Internet Explorer 7 for Windows
Vista and downloading files. As of late, IE7 has not been prompting me
about whether to Open or Save document files, or to Run or Save
applications. What's the deal, and what should I do?

Brandon Taylor

kirk jim

      1st Apr 2007
you can try doing a system restore to the time you remember it worked
correctly

"Brandon Taylor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have lately been having an issue with Internet Explorer 7 for Windows
>Vista and downloading files. As of late, IE7 has not been prompting me
>about whether to Open or Save document files, or to Run or Save
>applications. What's the deal, and what should I do?
>
> Brandon Taylor

jonah

      1st Apr 2007
On Sun, 1 Apr 2007 14:57:15 -0500, "Brandon Taylor"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have lately been having an issue with Internet Explorer 7 for Windows
>Vista and downloading files. As of late, IE7 has not been prompting me
>about whether to Open or Save document files, or to Run or Save
>applications. What's the deal, and what should I do?
>
>Brandon Taylor

Internet Options > Security > Custom Level > Scroll down till you find
"Automatic prompting for File Downloads" and set it to "Enable" OK
out of it and accept the "Are you really sure you want to do this
stuff"

Jonah