Internet Explorer 6, MSN Messenger and Windows Media Player Blocked for the internet. need your help...

NotMe

      29th Sep 2005
that IP is your own machine, usually some program directs it there...have
you checked your IE settings, homepage, etc?
Check for a hijacker, or firewall settings.

--
A Professional Amateur...If anyone knew it all, none of would be here!
"OxY-GeN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello!
> I've got a really annoying problem:
>
> Internet Explorer 6, MSN Messenger and Windows Media Player Blocked for
> the internet.
>
> I'm connected to the internet and I'm surfing with FireFox at this moment.
> I can use ICQ, eMule and almost every program that may use an internet
> connection.
>
> The major problem is accessing to the internet with Microsoft programs.
> I've got the following error massages:
>
> Internet Explorer 6 - it looks like it try to connect, and in the status
> bar it says "connecting to site: 127.0.0.1" and then show "The page cannot
> be displayed" error.
>
> MSN Messenger - 80048820 error
>
> Windows Media Player - "Window Media Play cannot play the fie....."
>
> I've made a virus/spyware/adaware check - my computer is clean
> I've made sfc /scannow check
> I've made winshock fix
> I've try reinstalling IE and unchecked all LAN setting options.
> I've try to disable the firewall.
> I've try uninstall/reinstall internet connection
> I've try to create a new windows user.
>
> None of the above worked and I still can't get access to the internet for
> the Microsoft programs (Internet Explorer 6, MSN Messenger and Windows
> Media Player).
>
> I'm running Windows XP SP2.
>
> I really need your help solving my problem.
>

> Thanks in advance,
> OxY-GeN

NotMe

      29th Sep 2005
I don't know what software you have installed, but something has told IE to
use the 127.0.0.1 for internet access.
Do you have internet security software running?
Do you have ICS enabled?
Do you use a proxy server?
If your LAN settings were incorrect, Firefox wouldn't work.

--
A Professional Amateur...If anyone knew it all, none of would be here!
"OxY-GeN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've already cheked my IE setting and firewall settings.
> Also I've made spybot,HJT,Adaware and Ewido scans.
> None of thr above solved my problem.
> Any other ideas?

> "NotMe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> that IP is your own machine, usually some program directs it there...have
>> you checked your IE settings, homepage, etc?
>> Check for a hijacker, or firewall settings.
>> --
>> A Professional Amateur...If anyone knew it all, none of would be here!
>> "OxY-GeN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hello!
>>> I've got a really annoying problem:
>>>
>>> Internet Explorer 6, MSN Messenger and Windows Media Player Blocked for
>>> the internet.
>>>
>>> I'm connected to the internet and I'm surfing with FireFox at this
>>> moment.
>>> I can use ICQ, eMule and almost every program that may use an internet
>>> connection.
>>>
>>> The major problem is accessing to the internet with Microsoft programs.
>>> I've got the following error massages:
>>>
>>> Internet Explorer 6 - it looks like it try to connect, and in the status
>>> bar it says "connecting to site: 127.0.0.1" and then show "The page
>>> cannot be displayed" error.
>>>
>>> MSN Messenger - 80048820 error
>>>
>>> Windows Media Player - "Window Media Play cannot play the fie....."
>>>
>>> I've made a virus/spyware/adaware check - my computer is clean
>>> I've made sfc /scannow check
>>> I've made winshock fix
>>> I've try reinstalling IE and unchecked all LAN setting options.
>>> I've try to disable the firewall.
>>> I've try uninstall/reinstall internet connection
>>> I've try to create a new windows user.
>>>
>>> None of the above worked and I still can't get access to the internet
>>> for the Microsoft programs (Internet Explorer 6, MSN Messenger and
>>> Windows Media Player).
>>>
>>> I'm running Windows XP SP2.
>>>
>>> I really need your help solving my problem.
>>>

>>> Thanks in advance,
>>> OxY-GeN

OxY-GeN

      29th Sep 2005
> [...]

>> Internet Explorer 6 - it looks like it try to connect, and in the status
>> bar it says "connecting to site: 127.0.0.1" and then show "The page
>> cannot be displayed" error.
>>
>> MSN Messenger - 80048820 error
>>
>> Windows Media Player - "Window Media Play cannot play the fie....."
>>
>> I've made a virus/spyware/adaware check - my computer is clean
>> I've made sfc /scannow check
>> I've made winshock fix
>> I've try reinstalling IE and unchecked all LAN setting options.
>> I've try to disable the firewall.
>> I've try uninstall/reinstall internet connection
>> I've try to create a new windows user.
>>
>> None of the above worked and I still can't get access to the internet for
>> the Microsoft programs (Internet Explorer 6, MSN Messenger and Windows
>> Media Player).
>>
>> I'm running Windows XP SP2.
>>
>> I really need your help solving my problem.

witan

      29th Sep 2005
The antispyware program, SpybotSD, is one that blocks access to *bad*
sites by redirecting them to 127.0.0.1. There could be other The
information is contained in a file named "hosts". If you can find the
file "hosts", just delete it. If you have SpybotSD installed, you can
use it to re-create "hosts". In any case, "hosts" is not an essential
file and your computer will work quite fine without it, and IE will get
the information from DNS servers.
Having said all this, I must add that I searched for the "hosts" file
on my computer (using the Windows-XP "search") but couldn't find it --
although I have SpybotSD installed and have used its "immunize" utility
for blocking "bad products".
Better luck to you.

OxY-GeN

      29th Sep 2005
I don't have internet security software at all.
I don't use proxy at all.

And I don't know what is ICS?

I only use Outpost firewall and Symantec Antivirus Corp. 10.0.1.1000.

"NotMe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I don't know what software you have installed, but something has told IE to
>use the 127.0.0.1 for internet access.
> Do you have internet security software running?
> Do you have ICS enabled?
> Do you use a proxy server?
> If your LAN settings were incorrect, Firefox wouldn't work.
>
> --
> A Professional Amateur...If anyone knew it all, none of would be here!
> "OxY-GeN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I've already cheked my IE setting and firewall settings.
>> Also I've made spybot,HJT,Adaware and Ewido scans.
>> None of thr above solved my problem.
>> Any other ideas?

>> "NotMe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> that IP is your own machine, usually some program directs it
>>> there...have you checked your IE settings, homepage, etc?
>>> Check for a hijacker, or firewall settings.
>>> --
>>> A Professional Amateur...If anyone knew it all, none of would be here!
>>> "OxY-GeN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

OxY-GeN

      29th Sep 2005
My Hosts file is perfect.
Even Trying to delete it and uninstalling spybot didn't work.
I still have the blocking problem....

"witan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The antispyware program, SpybotSD, is one that blocks access to *bad*
> sites by redirecting them to 127.0.0.1. There could be other The
> information is contained in a file named "hosts". If you can find the
> file "hosts", just delete it. If you have SpybotSD installed, you can
> use it to re-create "hosts". In any case, "hosts" is not an essential
> file and your computer will work quite fine without it, and IE will get
> the information from DNS servers.
> Having said all this, I must add that I searched for the "hosts" file
> on my computer (using the Windows-XP "search") but couldn't find it --
> although I have SpybotSD installed and have used its "immunize" utility
> for blocking "bad products".
> Better luck to you.

OxY-GeN

      30th Sep 2005
Any Other Ideas??

"OxY-GeN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My Hosts file is perfect.
> Even Trying to delete it and uninstalling spybot didn't work.
> I still have the blocking problem....
>
> "witan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> The antispyware program, SpybotSD, is one that blocks access to *bad*
>> sites by redirecting them to 127.0.0.1. There could be other The
>> information is contained in a file named "hosts". If you can find the
>> file "hosts", just delete it. If you have SpybotSD installed, you can
>> use it to re-create "hosts". In any case, "hosts" is not an essential
>> file and your computer will work quite fine without it, and IE will get
>> the information from DNS servers.
>> Having said all this, I must add that I searched for the "hosts" file
>> on my computer (using the Windows-XP "search") but couldn't find it --
>> although I have SpybotSD installed and have used its "immunize" utility
>> for blocking "bad products".
>> Better luck to you.

witan

      1st Oct 2005
One last idea: Right-click on the desktop IE icon and go to properties

[OR Start Internet explorer and go to
tools > internet options > ]

security > restricted sites > sites [button without icon, "s" is
underscored] and see whether any of the sites you are trying to access
are blocked.

OxY-GeN

      1st Oct 2005
thanks!
but none of the sites the i'm trying to access listed there.