Internet Connection problem on high speed internet

=?Utf-8?B?U29uaXQ=?=

      29th Oct 2004
Hi,

There is a problem that I face quite often on Internet Connection through
DSL or Cable modem on Windows XP home edition. It doesn't connect to the
internet.

I do get a proper ipaddress with default gateway wherein ping to default
gateway is successful and also ping to ipaddress of any non firewalled
website (like yahoo.com) is successful, however while pinging directly to the
website results in "could not find host".
It seems a DNS problem. I have tried system restore, power cycled the modem
and the system, reinstalled the NIC drivers, even deleted winsock keys from
registry and reinstalled the TCP/IP suite, But nothing helps. Ultimately I
have to reinstall Windows XP altogether and that works so this is not an ISP
problem. Also let me mention that I have even tried creating a new user
profile but to no avail.

Please let me know if there is a solution to this or any patch available.

Thank you,
Sonit

Alan C

      29th Oct 2004
Go to http://www.dslreports.com/drtcp and download drtcp0201.exe - run it
and set 'mru' to at least 1400.

"Sonit" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> There is a problem that I face quite often on Internet Connection through
> DSL or Cable modem on Windows XP home edition. It doesn't connect to the
> internet.
>
> I do get a proper ipaddress with default gateway wherein ping to default
> gateway is successful and also ping to ipaddress of any non firewalled
> website (like yahoo.com) is successful, however while pinging directly to
> the
> website results in "could not find host".
> It seems a DNS problem. I have tried system restore, power cycled the
> modem
> and the system, reinstalled the NIC drivers, even deleted winsock keys
> from
> registry and reinstalled the TCP/IP suite, But nothing helps. Ultimately I
> have to reinstall Windows XP altogether and that works so this is not an
> ISP
> problem. Also let me mention that I have even tried creating a new user
> profile but to no avail.
>
> Please let me know if there is a solution to this or any patch available.
>
> Thank you,
> Sonit

SlowJet

      29th Oct 2004