From: "Fernando Álvarez-González" <(E-Mail Removed)>
Subject: Internal error 2381
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 11:24:12 -0500
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.msi

I am trying to install a new application on a machine with a Korean version
of Windows 2000, SP4. I get the following error during the installation:
Internal error 2381, and then the installation is cancelled. Does anybody
know how to fix this problem?

Fernando Álvarez-González
--

Fernando,

Internal error 2381 normally indicates either the Administrator and/or System accounts do not have Full Control to the folder
were we are trying to install the program. Check the permissions on the folder you are trying to install to and all of its parent
folders.

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
from which they originated.