Intel board with Sigmatel audio

Eco

      26th Oct 2006
I've installed a new PC with IntelR Desktop Board D946GZIS plus win2000 OS.
This new motherboard in using with integrated Sigmatel audio device. I try
to use skype with headset w/ mic. But I can't make the microphone working
properly. There are two option for microphone at volume control interface.
One is "microphone" and other is "Back panel microphone". No matter I plug
the mic to which one. It still not function properly. I'm sure that I make
correctly for all settings.

When I use this headset on another old PC with other brand of internal audio
device, it works properly and perfectly.

I notice all new intel board using Sigmatel audio now. Is it possible be
related to OS that we should use the latest OS such as win XP?

Thanks.

Gary Chanson

      26th Oct 2006

"Eco" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:#qgZDPR#(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've installed a new PC with IntelR Desktop Board D946GZIS plus win2000

OS.
> This new motherboard in using with integrated Sigmatel audio device. I

try
> to use skype with headset w/ mic. But I can't make the microphone working
> properly. There are two option for microphone at volume control interface.
> One is "microphone" and other is "Back panel microphone". No matter I

plug
> the mic to which one. It still not function properly. I'm sure that I make
> correctly for all settings.
>
> When I use this headset on another old PC with other brand of internal

audio
> device, it works properly and perfectly.
>
> I notice all new intel board using Sigmatel audio now. Is it possible be
> related to OS that we should use the latest OS such as win XP?

Not likely. More likely a defective motherboard.

--

- Gary Chanson (Windows SDK MVP)
- Abolish Public Schools