installing windows xp after installing vista

Abubakar

      15th Mar 2007
Hi all,
I installed windows xp pro on a new partition after installing vista, and
(as expected) the vista is now nowhere available from my boot menu. Can
anyone tell me how to bring my vista back?

Regards,
...ab

DanR

      15th Mar 2007

"Abubakar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:e%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
> I installed windows xp pro on a new partition after installing vista, and
> (as expected) the vista is now nowhere available from my boot menu. Can
> anyone tell me how to bring my vista back?
>
> Regards,
> ..ab

Try "VistaBootPro". Vista Boot Pro.

Don

      15th Mar 2007
Abubakar wrote:
> Hi all,
> I installed windows xp pro on a new partition after installing vista, and
> (as expected) the vista is now nowhere available from my boot menu. Can
> anyone tell me how to bring my vista back?

XP most likely overwrote the boot sector (sector 0) on your hard disk.
There is a Recovery Tools section on your Vista install DVD which gives
you the choice to reinstall the Vista boot sector. If you search around
the menu choices you'll probably find it easily enough.

Abubakar

      16th Mar 2007
Thanks guys.

...ab