installing win xp sp2 stalls on cmprops.dll

=?Utf-8?B?QW50aG9ueUp1bHk=?=

      3rd Feb 2006
I am having trouble while trying to install Windows XP Service Pack 2 to a
freshly formatted hard disk drive. The installation prompts for the location
for cmprops.dll or cmprops.dl_, and I have tried many different locations,
including HDD C: ie C:\ C:\windows\ C:\windows\system32\ C:\i836\ and DVDRW
D: ie D:\ D:\windows\ D:\windows\system32\ or the default location of D:\i836
on the DVDRW drive. Why doesn't the installation know where to find the
files? Does anyone know which directory to point the windows installation to?

Stats of my computer
Motherboard: ECS KN1 Extreme with bios 1.0c
RAM: 2 x 512MB of PQI brand DDR3200
Processor: AMD Athlon XP 3000+ 939pin
HDD: Maxtor 6L300R0 IDE133 attached to Primary Master
Optical: Plextor IDE PX-712 DVD-RW attached to Secondary Slave

I did a Zero-write using maxblast software, because the hard drive was
previously used in a different computer, then formatted the hard drive with
the windows cd, then the installation ran and it got stuck at this point.

=?Utf-8?B?UGFuZGFfbWFu?=

      3rd Feb 2006
The best would be to contact Microsoft :
http://www.microsoft.com/worldwide

Panda_man
--
Prevention is always better than cure !
Panda TruPrevent - the most intelligent technology to combat unknown malware

"AnthonyJuly" wrote:

> I am having trouble while trying to install Windows XP Service Pack 2 to a
> freshly formatted hard disk drive. The installation prompts for the location
> for cmprops.dll or cmprops.dl_, and I have tried many different locations,
> including HDD C: ie C:\ C:\windows\ C:\windows\system32\ C:\i836\ and DVDRW
> D: ie D:\ D:\windows\ D:\windows\system32\ or the default location of D:\i836
> on the DVDRW drive. Why doesn't the installation know where to find the
> files? Does anyone know which directory to point the windows installation to?
>
> Stats of my computer
> Motherboard: ECS KN1 Extreme with bios 1.0c
> RAM: 2 x 512MB of PQI brand DDR3200
> Processor: AMD Athlon XP 3000+ 939pin
> HDD: Maxtor 6L300R0 IDE133 attached to Primary Master
> Optical: Plextor IDE PX-712 DVD-RW attached to Secondary Slave
>
> I did a Zero-write using maxblast software, because the hard drive was
> previously used in a different computer, then formatted the hard drive with
> the windows cd, then the installation ran and it got stuck at this point.

zuel

      8th Feb 2006
true.

"Panda_man" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The best would be to contact Microsoft :
> http://www.microsoft.com/worldwide
>

> Panda_man
> --
> Prevention is always better than cure !
> Panda TruPrevent - the most intelligent technology to combat unknown
> malware
> http://www.pandasoftware.com
> http://pandaman.hit.bg
>

> "AnthonyJuly" wrote:
>
>> I am having trouble while trying to install Windows XP Service Pack 2 to
>> freshly formatted hard disk drive. The installation prompts for the
>> location
>> for cmprops.dll or cmprops.dl_, and I have tried many different
>> locations,
>> including HDD C: ie C:\ C:\windows\ C:\windows\system32\ C:\i836\ and
>> DVDRW
>> D: ie D:\ D:\windows\ D:\windows\system32\ or the default location of
>> D:\i836
>> on the DVDRW drive. Why doesn't the installation know where to find the
>> files? Does anyone know which directory to point the windows installation
>> to?
>>
>> Stats of my computer
>> Motherboard: ECS KN1 Extreme with bios 1.0c
>> RAM: 2 x 512MB of PQI brand DDR3200
>> Processor: AMD Athlon XP 3000+ 939pin
>> HDD: Maxtor 6L300R0 IDE133 attached to Primary Master
>> Optical: Plextor IDE PX-712 DVD-RW attached to Secondary Slave
>>
>> I did a Zero-write using maxblast software, because the hard drive was
>> previously used in a different computer, then formatted the hard drive
>> with
>> the windows cd, then the installation ran and it got stuck at this point.

New Member

      27th Jan 2010
had exactly the same problem. This is a RAM error.
I removed one of the two modules and everything worked.

cheers