Installing software on Windows 2003 Domain Controller

=?Utf-8?B?YWlyZm9yY2U=?=

      16th Oct 2007
We have 4 DC's where I have been installing software via a simple setup.exe
file.

The installation has completed OK via a wizard on 2 out of 4 of the servers
but is failing on the other 2 with the following error ;

"Invalid command line" and "setup.exe /s /input :"

The message also specifies that these 2 parameters are optional.

This error did not occur on the other 2 DC's which I would hope are identical.

The media used is the same for the working and the non-working installations
so the media is not the issue.

I suspect permissions but have checked folder permissions and the event logs
and nothing jumps out at me.

Thanks

Dennis Bareis

      17th Oct 2007
Hi,

Are you positive its not executing a DIFFERENT "setup.exe"?

Bye,
Dennis

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 08:30:02 -0700, airforce <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>We have 4 DC's where I have been installing software via a simple setup.exe
>file.
>
>The installation has completed OK via a wizard on 2 out of 4 of the servers
>but is failing on the other 2 with the following error ;
>
>"Invalid command line" and "setup.exe /s /input :"
>
>The message also specifies that these 2 parameters are optional.
>
>This error did not occur on the other 2 DC's which I would hope are identical.
>
>The media used is the same for the working and the non-working installations
>so the media is not the issue.
>
>I suspect permissions but have checked folder permissions and the event logs
>and nothing jumps out at me.
>
>Thanks

Dennis Bareis [Microsoft MVP] ((E-Mail Removed))
http://dennisbareis.com/
Freeware Windows Installer creation tool (+ "ORCA automation"):
http://makemsi.dennisbareis.com/

Phil Wilson

      17th Oct 2007
That was my thought too - an entry in the App Paths registry key for
setup.exe could be pointing to another setup.exe on the system somewhere.
--
Phil Wilson
[MVP Windows Installer]

news:(E-Mail Removed)...