install to a different drive

=?Utf-8?B?U3RldmUgSGVhbGV5?=

      24th Apr 2005
I have my hard drive in three partitions C,f & G. How can i make sure that
programs are installed on F instead of C which is where they normally go.
I have set my downloads to install to F

Mistoffolees

      24th Apr 2005

Steve Healey wrote:

> I have my hard drive in three partitions C,f & G. How can i make sure that
> programs are installed on F instead of C which is where they normally go.
> I have set my downloads to install to F

Most applications will give the end-user an opportunity
to select the drive to put the program. It means going a
little bit slower through the installation screens and
selecting, typically, a "custom" setup or installation.

And when downloading programs, find and take the option
to save to a different location other than Drive C, as if
MS programmers/engineers think that everyone has a single,
large HD partition, into some dumb-downed, effault area
such as "My Documents" or whatever. Look for the "Save As"
option and then specify its path and name.