Inserting a formula into a Word Table

jontimber

      16th Feb 2010
How do you insert a multiplication formula in the last cell of a Word Table
so that it only multiples the two previous cells, or the is there a way to
pick the cells that you want it to use for the formula?

Stefan Blom

      16th Feb 2010
Insert a formula field and do the calculations as you would in Excel. For
example: { = A1*A2 } would multiply the values in cell A1 and A2.

To insert the field delimiters, { }, press Ctrl+F9. Type in the code. Use F9
to update the result. To show/hide field codes in the selection, use
Shift+F9. To show/hide field codes in the whole document, use Alt+F9.

Note that table calculations are easier if you make use of an embedded Excel
spreadsheet.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"jontimber" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How do you insert a multiplication formula in the last cell of a Word
> Table
> so that it only multiples the two previous cells, or the is there a way to
> pick the cells that you want it to use for the formula?

macropod

      16th Feb 2010
Hi jontimber,

To see how to do a wide range of calculations in Word, whether using tables or otherwise, check out my Word Field Maths Tutorial,
at:
http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/ind...owtopic=365442
or
http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm#Third_party