PC Review


Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread

Insert New Photo Album

 
 
Presenter
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      14th Dec 2008
On 2 different computers running PPT 2003, an attempt to insert a group of
pictures using Insert/New Photo Album, ends in an error report at the Create
command.

Any ideas on why, and how to correct it?

I copied the error report onto a Word page after sending the report ot MS
but am not sure what to quote from it to help you advise me. Thanks.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Glen Millar
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      15th Dec 2008
Hi,

Any references to a dll? Is it a big load of ext or could it be posted?

--
Regards,
Glen Millar
Microsoft PPT MVP

Tutorials and PowerPoint animations at
the original www.pptworkbench.com
glen at pptworkbench dot com
------------------------------------------

"Presenter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 2 different computers running PPT 2003, an attempt to insert a group of
> pictures using Insert/New Photo Album, ends in an error report at the
> Create
> command.
>
> Any ideas on why, and how to correct it?
>
> I copied the error report onto a Word page after sending the report ot MS
> but am not sure what to quote from it to help you advise me. Thanks.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Echo S
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      15th Dec 2008
What is the actual error message?

--
Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com
What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007.htm
Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd
PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx


"Presenter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 2 different computers running PPT 2003, an attempt to insert a group of
> pictures using Insert/New Photo Album, ends in an error report at the
> Create
> command.
>
> Any ideas on why, and how to correct it?
>
> I copied the error report onto a Word page after sending the report ot MS
> but am not sure what to quote from it to help you advise me. Thanks.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Presenter
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      16th Dec 2008
I discovered the problem & solution:
PPT 2003 must open in default ("Normal - slide only") mode, which is
single-slide. If opened in "Slide Sorter" view, which I was using, it will
not "Create" a new photo album. [Tools/Options/View/Normal-slide only]

Thanks for being available to help.

"Presenter" wrote:

> On 2 different computers running PPT 2003, an attempt to insert a group of
> pictures using Insert/New Photo Album, ends in an error report at the Create
> command.
>
> Any ideas on why, and how to correct it?
>
> I copied the error report onto a Word page after sending the report ot MS
> but am not sure what to quote from it to help you advise me. Thanks.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Echo S
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      17th Dec 2008
Thanks for getting back to us with your solution. I know it would have been
awhile before we hit on that one! :-)

--
Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com
What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007.htm
Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd
PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx


"Presenter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I discovered the problem & solution:
> PPT 2003 must open in default ("Normal - slide only") mode, which is
> single-slide. If opened in "Slide Sorter" view, which I was using, it
> will
> not "Create" a new photo album. [Tools/Options/View/Normal-slide only]
>
> Thanks for being available to help.
>
> "Presenter" wrote:
>
>> On 2 different computers running PPT 2003, an attempt to insert a group
>> of
>> pictures using Insert/New Photo Album, ends in an error report at the
>> Create
>> command.
>>
>> Any ideas on why, and how to correct it?
>>
>> I copied the error report onto a Word page after sending the report ot MS
>> but am not sure what to quote from it to help you advise me. Thanks.


 
Reply With Quote
 
John Wilson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      17th Dec 2008
Would have taken a very long time because you CAN insert an album from slide
sorter view but not if you set the presentation to open in this view. Weird.
--

john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk
Custom vba coding and PPT Makeovers
Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials
http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoi...tutorials.html




"Echo S" wrote:

> Thanks for getting back to us with your solution. I know it would have been
> awhile before we hit on that one! :-)
>
> --
> Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com
> What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007.htm
> Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd
> PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx
>
>
> "Presenter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I discovered the problem & solution:
> > PPT 2003 must open in default ("Normal - slide only") mode, which is
> > single-slide. If opened in "Slide Sorter" view, which I was using, it
> > will
> > not "Create" a new photo album. [Tools/Options/View/Normal-slide only]
> >
> > Thanks for being available to help.
> >
> > "Presenter" wrote:
> >
> >> On 2 different computers running PPT 2003, an attempt to insert a group
> >> of
> >> pictures using Insert/New Photo Album, ends in an error report at the
> >> Create
> >> command.
> >>
> >> Any ideas on why, and how to correct it?
> >>
> >> I copied the error report onto a Word page after sending the report ot MS
> >> but am not sure what to quote from it to help you advise me. Thanks.

>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Echo S
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      17th Dec 2008
omg, that's so weird! Nice find!

--
Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com
What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007.htm
Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd
PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx


"John Wilson" <john AT technologytrish.co DOT uk> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Would have taken a very long time because you CAN insert an album from
> slide
> sorter view but not if you set the presentation to open in this view.
> Weird.
> --
>
> john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk
> Custom vba coding and PPT Makeovers
> Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials
> http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoi...tutorials.html
>
>
>
>
> "Echo S" wrote:
>
>> Thanks for getting back to us with your solution. I know it would have
>> been
>> awhile before we hit on that one! :-)
>>
>> --
>> Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com
>> What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007.htm
>> Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd
>> PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx
>>
>>
>> "Presenter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >I discovered the problem & solution:
>> > PPT 2003 must open in default ("Normal - slide only") mode, which is
>> > single-slide. If opened in "Slide Sorter" view, which I was using, it
>> > will
>> > not "Create" a new photo album. [Tools/Options/View/Normal-slide only]
>> >
>> > Thanks for being available to help.
>> >
>> > "Presenter" wrote:
>> >
>> >> On 2 different computers running PPT 2003, an attempt to insert a
>> >> group
>> >> of
>> >> pictures using Insert/New Photo Album, ends in an error report at the
>> >> Create
>> >> command.
>> >>
>> >> Any ideas on why, and how to correct it?
>> >>
>> >> I copied the error report onto a Word page after sending the report ot
>> >> MS
>> >> but am not sure what to quote from it to help you advise me. Thanks.

>>
>>


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Album Cover art display only during playback Not in the MCE Album =?Utf-8?B?Q2FwcGxl?= Windows XP Music 2 10th May 2006 09:10 AM
PowerPoint crashes everytime I use Photo Album to insert photos =?Utf-8?B?QmVuamlpaQ==?= Microsoft Powerpoint 10 16th Aug 2005 04:17 AM
Can I copy a PowerPoint photo album to Microsoft Photo Story? And. =?Utf-8?B?NTI0MCBCdXJuYWJ5?= Microsoft Powerpoint 2 10th Nov 2004 06:55 AM
Shortened or Lenghtened audio with a photo slide in Photo Album =?Utf-8?B?NTI0MCBCdXJuYWJ5?= Microsoft Powerpoint 1 9th Oct 2004 04:56 PM
Insert a New Photo Album Jean Microsoft Powerpoint 12 5th Aug 2004 03:06 AM


Features
 

Advertising
 

Newsgroups
 


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:28 PM.