Insert a dotted line with cutting scissors.

=?Utf-8?B?RGlhbmU=?=

      28th Jun 2006
How do I insert a scissors cutting symbol with a dotted line to show people
where to cut off a section of a document?

JoAnn Paules [MVP]

      28th Jun 2006
There is a type of line art that has that. Let me open Word and try to find
it.

Okay - this is frustrating. I know how to do it with Publisher but doing it
with Word is different. It wants to limit adding the line art as a page or
section border but then you can't just grab the corner and make it fit
whatever you want. Maybe if it was surrounding a text box?

( Can you tell I use Publisher more often for doing "fancy stuff"? Much,
much easier...at least for me.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Diane" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How do I insert a scissors cutting symbol with a dotted line to show
> people
> where to cut off a section of a document?

JoAnn Paules [MVP]

      28th Jun 2006
There is a type of line art that has that. Let me open Word and try to find
it.

Okay - this is frustrating. I know how to do it with Publisher but doing it
with Word is different. It wants to limit adding the line art as a page or
section border but then you can't just grab the corner and make it fit
whatever you want. Maybe if it was surrounding a text box?

( Can you tell I use Publisher more often for doing "fancy stuff"? Much,
much easier...at least for me.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Diane" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How do I insert a scissors cutting symbol with a dotted line to show
> people
> where to cut off a section of a document?

Sara E. Alers

      28th Jun 2006
You can also use a format, tab, tab leader with the dotted lines.

"Diane" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How do I insert a scissors cutting symbol with a dotted line to show
> people
> where to cut off a section of a document?

Sara E. Alers

      28th Jun 2006
You can also use a format, tab, tab leader with the dotted lines.

"Diane" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How do I insert a scissors cutting symbol with a dotted line to show
> people
> where to cut off a section of a document?

=?Utf-8?B?ZGlhbmU=?=

      28th Jun 2006
2 Steps: you're going to insert a scissors symbol and draw a line:
Scissors: In a text box: INSERT >> SYMBOL >> (select Wingdings as font and
pick your scissors and click on Insert button).

For line: draw a line and then right click, select EDIT AUTOSHAPE >> DASHED
LINES >> (and change weight)