Insert Date into Field2, the first Time Field1 is Populated with Dataon Form

magmike

      29th Jan 2012
I have a field called FirstContact that I would like populated with
today's date, the first time I enter a value into the Status field.
However, I don't want that date to change ever again, no matter what I
do in the Status field.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help,

magmike

Bob Quintal

      29th Jan 2012
magmike <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed)
:

> I have a field called FirstContact that I would like populated
> with today's date, the first time I enter a value into the Status
> field. However, I don't want that date to change ever again, no
> matter what I do in the Status field.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help,
>
> magmike

in the Status after updatre event, use VB to test if there is already a
date in the FirstContact field, and if there is not, then write the
date.

--
Bob Q.
PA is y I've altered my address.

magmike

      31st Jan 2012
On Jan 29, 8:42*am, Bob Quintal <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> magmike <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote innews:(E-Mail Removed)
> :
>
> > I have a field called FirstContact that I would like populated
> > with today's date, the first time I enter a value into the Status
> > field. However, I don't want that date to change ever again, no
> > matter what I do in the Status field.

> > Any ideas?

> > Thanks in advance for your help,

> > magmike

> in the Status after updatre event, use VB to test if there is already a
> date in the FirstContact field, and if there is not, then write the
> date.
>
> --
> Bob Q.
> PA is y I've altered my address.

That was so super easy - no wonder I couldn't think of it myself!

Thanks,
magmike