Insert comments in Word 2007 text boxes

Doc Dave

      29th Sep 2008
In Word 2007 is it possible to add comments connected to text within a text
box . It appears the "add comment" tool is disabled when I click text within
a text box.

Jay Freedman

      29th Sep 2008

Doc Dave wrote:
> In Word 2007 is it possible to add comments connected to text within
> a text box . It appears the "add comment" tool is disabled when I
> click text within a text box.

That's true -- comments aren't supported in a text box or in any text you
insert into an AutoShape.

If you're designing a template and you want to allow comments in a box,
design it with frames instead of text boxes. You'll find an Insert Frame
button in the Legacy Tools dropdown on the Developer ribbon, or you can add
it to the Quick Access Toolbar through the Customize dialog. For text boxes
that already exist, you can right-click the edge of the box, choose Format
Text Box > Text Box and click the Convert to Frame button.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Doc Dave

      29th Sep 2008
Thanks Jay. Changing to a frame will do the trick.