InputPanel Class Question

David McCallum

      9th Jul 2009
Having followed the example in
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...nputpanel.aspx,
all starts to go OK, except my TextBox is hidden.

So I set the AutoScroll property of my tabPage to true, this allows me to
scroll to the text box.

My question is, how do I automatically scroll to make the textbox with focus
visible?

TIA

David McCallum

Peter Foot

      14th Jul 2009
Is your TabControl docked to the size of the form - in this way it will
resize when the InputPanel is enabled and disabled. You can also manually
handle the change using the EnabledChanged property of InputPanel control.

Peter

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4240 (20090713) __________

part000.txt - decompression could not complete (possible reasons: insufficient free memory or disk space, or a problem with temp folders)

http://www.eset.com

David McCallum

      18th Jul 2009
> Is your TabControl docked to the size of the form - in this way it will
> resize when the InputPanel is enabled and disabled. You can also manually
> handle the change using the EnabledChanged property of InputPanel control.

Tried that, same effect, the text box is still hidden. Do you have some
sample code showing how to do this?

David

Alberto Silva, MVP

      19th Jul 2009
Hi,
Try this way... add a panel to your form with the same dimensions as the
working area of the form and put the textbox inside. At the right of the
panel, add a vertical scroll bar, set it to invisible, set its height to the
space above the SIP and set the min value to 0 and the maximum to the SIP
height. Add an event handler to the scrollbar so when it changes, the panel
Top property (y) is set to the scroll bar value * -1.

Now in the EnabledChanged of the SIP, add code so the scrollbar is set to
visible when the InputPanel is enabled, and hidden otherwise. When you set
the scrollbar to visible, also set it's value to the SIP height, so that the
panel top is moved up, and the textbox displayed, and when it is hidden, set
the scrollbar value to 0 so the panel is moved to its original position.

--

Alberto Silva
http://www.moving2u.pt - R&D Manager

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4257 (20090718) __________