inkjet envelope printers

kjk

      16th Feb 2004
Hi Folks,

Does anybody know which inkjet printers may hold the greatest number
of envelopes. I periodically need to print a lot of envelopes with
the same address. I know that there are specialized high speed
envelope printers specifically for this purpose, but they're very
expensive. I don't need high speed, so a normal inkjet rpinter would
do the job, even if I have to refill the envelopes quite a few times.
Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Ken

Malev

      16th Feb 2004
On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 09:38:09 -0500, kjk <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi Folks,
>
>Does anybody know which inkjet printers may hold the greatest number
>of envelopes. I periodically need to print a lot of envelopes with
>the same address. I know that there are specialized high speed
>envelope printers specifically for this purpose, but they're very
>expensive. I don't need high speed, so a normal inkjet rpinter would
>do the job, even if I have to refill the envelopes quite a few times.
>Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

It's much faster to print labels and stick them to the envelopes.

Mavrick

      17th Feb 2004
But more professional to print directly on them.

"Malev" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 09:38:09 -0500, kjk <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Hi Folks,
> >
> >Does anybody know which inkjet printers may hold the greatest number
> >of envelopes. I periodically need to print a lot of envelopes with
> >the same address. I know that there are specialized high speed
> >envelope printers specifically for this purpose, but they're very
> >expensive. I don't need high speed, so a normal inkjet rpinter would
> >do the job, even if I have to refill the envelopes quite a few times.
> >Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.
> >

> It's much faster to print labels and stick them to the envelopes.

Wolf Kirchmeir

      17th Feb 2004
On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 00:43:46 GMT, Mavrick wrote:

=>But more professional to print [addresses] directly on [envelopes].

I suggest that you ask a local print shop to do it for you.
By the time you factor in all costs (envelopes, ink,
labour), you may well think the premium for eliminating the
hassle factor to be money well spent.

Eg, we had a local printer do a blank greeting card with
two-colour design on front, plus envelope w/ return
address, cost almost exactly 30 cents (Can) per card +
envelope in quantity 1000. Delivery and taxes included.
Printing in house would have cost about 15 cents for the
cardstock and envelopes, plus the ink, plus the labour.
Just not worth it.

--
Wolf Kirchmeir
If you didn't want to go to Chicago, why did you get on the train?

Gary Tait

      17th Feb 2004
On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 00:43:46 GMT, "Mavrick" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>But more professional to print directly on them.

More professional to have them printed by a shop too.

A label isn't that bad, really.

>"Malev" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 09:38:09 -0500, kjk <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> >Hi Folks,
>> >
>> >Does anybody know which inkjet printers may hold the greatest number
>> >of envelopes. I periodically need to print a lot of envelopes with
>> >the same address. I know that there are specialized high speed
>> >envelope printers specifically for this purpose, but they're very
>> >expensive. I don't need high speed, so a normal inkjet rpinter would
>> >do the job, even if I have to refill the envelopes quite a few times.
>> >Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.
>> >

>> It's much faster to print labels and stick them to the envelopes.

kjk

      17th Feb 2004
Now that I know all the pros and cons of printing labels vs printing
envelopes vs using a professional print shop, does anybody . . .

>know which inkjet printers may hold the greatest number
>of envelopes. I periodically need to print a lot of envelopes with
>the same address. I know that there are specialized high speed
>envelope printers specifically for this purpose, but they're very
>expensive. I don't need high speed, so a normal inkjet printer would
>do the job, even if I have to refill the envelopes quite a few times.
>Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.
>
>Ken

Bill

      18th Feb 2004
kjk wrote:

>Now that I know all the pros and cons of printing labels vs printing
>envelopes vs using a professional print shop, does anybody . . .
>
>>know which inkjet printers may hold the greatest number
>>of envelopes.

Hahaha...I like that...back on topic.

I don't think it really matters since it's a numbers marketing game with
the various manufacturers.

I suggest you just get the model printer you want, and stuff in a dozen
envelopes at a time and have at it. That's what I do for my minimal
needs...

New Member

      28th Jul 2012
Hi kjk,