Inherited members not appear in intellisense

Antonio

      22nd Jan 2007
Hi,

I have an abstract ClassA in ProjectA:
Public MustInherit Class ClassA
:
End Class

I inherit ClassA on ClassB from ProjectB:
Public Class ClassB
Inherits ProjectA.ClassA

:
End Class

I instantiate ClassB in ProjectC as follow:

Imports ProjectB

Public Class ClassC
Dim objB As New ClassB

objB. ' <-- Members in ClassA not appearing.
:
:
End Class

Anybody knows what is happening here? Thanks.

Regards,
Antonio

Armin Zingler

      22nd Jan 2007
"Antonio" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb
> Hi,
>
> I have an abstract ClassA in ProjectA:
> Public MustInherit Class
> ClassA
> :
> End Class
>
> I inherit ClassA on ClassB from ProjectB:
> Public Class ClassB
> Inherits ProjectA.ClassA
>
> :
> End Class
>
> I instantiate ClassB in ProjectC as follow:
>
> Imports ProjectB
>
> Public Class ClassC
> Dim objB As New ClassB
>
> objB. ' <-- Members in ClassA not appearing. :
> :
> End Class
>
> Anybody knows what is happening here? Thanks.

VB 2003 or 2005? Are the members declared Public? Note that "Dim" means
"Private" at this location. What if you type the name manually - can it be
compiled or is the member not found? In ProjectB, does intellisense find the
member?

I have tried it in VB 2005 and it worked (Public member as ...)

Armin

Antonio

      22nd Jan 2007
Hi,

This problem has been resolved. The solution:

1. Remove ProjectA.dll reference from ProjectC.
2. On ProjectC properties page, add back the ProjectA reference.

Thanks.

Antonio

"Antonio" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I have an abstract ClassA in ProjectA:
> Public MustInherit Class ClassA
> :
> End Class
>
> I inherit ClassA on ClassB from ProjectB:
> Public Class ClassB
> Inherits ProjectA.ClassA
>
> :
> End Class
>
> I instantiate ClassB in ProjectC as follow:
>
> Imports ProjectB
>
> Public Class ClassC
> Dim objB As New ClassB
>
> objB. ' <-- Members in ClassA not appearing.
> :
> :
> End Class
>
> Anybody knows what is happening here? Thanks.
>
> Regards,
> Antonio

Antonio

      23rd Jan 2007
VS2005 on .NET Framework 2.0. All members declared as Public, both base
class (ProjectA) and derived class (ProjectB).
Thanks.

Antonio

news:eb$(E-Mail Removed)...