What is Inetpub?

Joe Cilinceon

      22nd Dec 2003
Does anyone have any idea where this folder came from. I just reinstalled XP
and have been reinstalling my software over the last couple of days but
didn't notice what might have made a folder called Inetpub. It also contains
a lot of scripts in different folders.

--

Joe Cilinceon

John Ski

      22nd Dec 2003
>Subject: What is Inetpub?
>From: "Joe Cilinceon" (E-Mail Removed)
>Date: 12/21/2003 6:11 PM Eastern Standard Time
>
>Does anyone have any idea where this folder came from. I just reinstalled XP
>and have been reinstalling my software over the last couple of days but
>didn't notice what might have made a folder called Inetpub. It also contains
>a lot of scripts in different folders.
>
>--
>
>Joe Cilinceon

No idea of where it came from. but Googling for "Inetpub" returned 259,000
references. It's some sort of discussion forum related to publishing websites.
WHy don't you Google it and see if there's a cite in there somewhere that will
give you the info you seek.
HTH,
John
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"
***Arthur C. Clarke***

Tom Pepper Willett

      22nd Dec 2003
It is the web folder created when you installed IIS web server.

tom
"Joe Cilinceon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| Does anyone have any idea where this folder came from. I just reinstalled
XP
| and have been reinstalling my software over the last couple of days but
| didn't notice what might have made a folder called Inetpub. It also
contains
| a lot of scripts in different folders.
|
| --
|
| Joe Cilinceon

Joe Cilinceon

      22nd Dec 2003
Thanks Tom

--

Joe Cilinceon

"Tom Pepper Willett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> It is the web folder created when you installed IIS web server.
>
> tom
> "Joe Cilinceon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> | Does anyone have any idea where this folder came from. I just

reinstalled
> XP
> | and have been reinstalling my software over the last couple of days but
> | didn't notice what might have made a folder called Inetpub. It also
> contains
> | a lot of scripts in different folders.
> |
> | --
> |
> | Joe Cilinceon

Rick \Nutcase\ Rogers

      22nd Dec 2003
Hi Joe,

One of the things you installed was IIS (Internet Information Services) from
the Control Panel/Add & Remove/Windows Components, this folder belongs to
it.

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers aka "Nutcase" MS-MVP - Win9x
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Win98 Help - www.rickrogers.org

"Joe Cilinceon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone have any idea where this folder came from. I just reinstalled

XP
> and have been reinstalling my software over the last couple of days but
> didn't notice what might have made a folder called Inetpub. It also

contains
> a lot of scripts in different folders.
>
> --
>
> Joe Cilinceon

New Member
Location: Karachi,Pakistan

      26th Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cilinceon View Post
Does anyone have any idea where this folder came from. I just reinstalled XP
and have been reinstalling my software over the last couple of days but
didn't notice what might have made a folder called Inetpub. It also contains
a lot of scripts in different folders.

--

Joe Cilinceon

the folder name as Inetpub is created when you installed the IIS(Internet Information Services) or PWS(personal web server )... in windows it is a built-in feature...