index.htm page changed to index.html when uploading

=?Utf-8?B?cGJ3ZWJz?=

      20th Apr 2005
Every time I publish my websites the index page extension is changed from
..htm to index.html. How do I stop this from happening?

Kathleen Anderson [MVP - FrontPage]

      20th Apr 2005
The best approach is to rename your local index.htm to index.html and
republish.

--
~ Kathleen Anderson
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

"pbwebs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Every time I publish my websites the index page extension is changed from
> .htm to index.html. How do I stop this from happening?

Thomas A. Rowe

      20th Apr 2005
When you publish to a server that has the FP extensions, the publishing process will automatically
rename your default document (home page) to what is required on the live/remote server and update
all hyperlinks.

WebMaster Resources(tm)
http://www.ycoln-resources.com
FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
If you feel your current issue is a results of installing
a Service Pack or security update, please contact
Microsoft Product Support Services:
http://support.microsoft.com
If the problem can be shown to have been caused by a
security update, then there is usually no charge for the call.

"pbwebs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Every time I publish my websites the index page extension is changed from
> .htm to index.html. How do I stop this from happening?

=?Utf-8?B?cGJ3ZWJz?=

      20th Apr 2005
This is just something new that started happening a couple of months now, it
never happened for over 2 years since 2003 came out. For me to do that I
would have to recreate the menus for 5 websites. Isn't there a fix for this??

"Kathleen Anderson [MVP - FrontPage]" wrote:

> The best approach is to rename your local index.htm to index.html and
> republish.
>
> --
> ~ Kathleen Anderson
> Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
> Spider Web Woman Designs
> http://www.spiderwebwoman.com/resources/
>

> "pbwebs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Every time I publish my websites the index page extension is changed from
> > .htm to index.html. How do I stop this from happening?

Kathleen Anderson [MVP - FrontPage]

      20th Apr 2005
How did you create your menus?