Importing video into Movie Maker

=?Utf-8?B?VHJpa2U=?=

      16th Oct 2007
I need to import a video I made for my local animal shelter into Movie Maker
so I can cut it into pieces for easy web viewing via YouTube or somesuch.

I have an .mpg version I downloaded from one of the cable access stations
that broadcasts it, and I also have a DVD copy. I haven't tried loading it
via the DVD player because I don't see a way to do that.

Videos are here (adding this link to quell any suspicion that I'm trying to
pirate DVDs or something):
http://www.mcam23.com/mpeg/movies/02...sPets/ForPets/

I've read the other posts about converting .mpg files into .avi files, but
they all link to programs like VirtualDubMod which is 4 years old. Is that
program still viable, and is it easy to use? Money is tight, so freeware is
preferred and "easy" is pretty much a requirement.

We're just trying to get the message out to help save puppies, kitties and
bunnies. Help!

Thanks,
Doug

www.rescueleague.org

PapaJohn

      16th Oct 2007
my website's Setup MM2 in XP > Other Software page has current links to
software apps... and to my online newsletters that help you use them. Yes,
the VirtualDub family is alive and well.

PapaJohn

"Trike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I need to import a video I made for my local animal shelter into Movie
>Maker
> so I can cut it into pieces for easy web viewing via YouTube or somesuch.
>
> I have an .mpg version I downloaded from one of the cable access stations
> that broadcasts it, and I also have a DVD copy. I haven't tried loading
> it
> via the DVD player because I don't see a way to do that.
>
> Videos are here (adding this link to quell any suspicion that I'm trying
> pirate DVDs or something):
> http://www.mcam23.com/mpeg/movies/02...sPets/ForPets/
>
> I've read the other posts about converting .mpg files into .avi files, but
> they all link to programs like VirtualDubMod which is 4 years old. Is
> that
> program still viable, and is it easy to use? Money is tight, so freeware
> is
> preferred and "easy" is pretty much a requirement.
>
> We're just trying to get the message out to help save puppies, kitties and
> bunnies. Help!
>
> Thanks,
> Doug
>
> www.rescueleague.org

=?Utf-8?B?U3dhbnNvbmc=?=

      3rd Nov 2007
I have same problem. I attended a bootcamp for speakers and received a video
of my speech by disk for me to edit into a decent demo video. It is an .mpg
file and windows movie maker won't import it. the error message I get is "
could not be imported. An interface has too many methods to fire events
from". I have no idea what this means and can't seem to find any answers
anywhere to rectify the problem. Windows experts can't be that mean, not to
give the error message but not the sway to find the solution, can they????????
Mary

"Trike" wrote:

> I need to import a video I made for my local animal shelter into Movie Maker
> so I can cut it into pieces for easy web viewing via YouTube or somesuch.
>
> I have an .mpg version I downloaded from one of the cable access stations
> that broadcasts it, and I also have a DVD copy. I haven't tried loading it
> via the DVD player because I don't see a way to do that.
>
> Videos are here (adding this link to quell any suspicion that I'm trying to
> pirate DVDs or something):
> http://www.mcam23.com/mpeg/movies/02...sPets/ForPets/
>
> I've read the other posts about converting .mpg files into .avi files, but
> they all link to programs like VirtualDubMod which is 4 years old. Is that
> program still viable, and is it easy to use? Money is tight, so freeware is
> preferred and "easy" is pretty much a requirement.
>
> We're just trying to get the message out to help save puppies, kitties and
> bunnies. Help!
>
> Thanks,
> Doug
>
> www.rescueleague.org

sanjaykattimani

      19th Dec 2007
I face the same problem.... on my new vista. Unfortunately microsoft doesnt
respond

"Swansong" wrote:

> I have same problem. I attended a bootcamp for speakers and received a video
> of my speech by disk for me to edit into a decent demo video. It is an .mpg
> file and windows movie maker won't import it. the error message I get is "
> could not be imported. An interface has too many methods to fire events
> from". I have no idea what this means and can't seem to find any answers
> anywhere to rectify the problem. Windows experts can't be that mean, not to
> give the error message but not the sway to find the solution, can they????????
> Mary
>

> "Trike" wrote:
>
> > I need to import a video I made for my local animal shelter into Movie Maker
> > so I can cut it into pieces for easy web viewing via YouTube or somesuch.
> >
> > I have an .mpg version I downloaded from one of the cable access stations
> > that broadcasts it, and I also have a DVD copy. I haven't tried loading it
> > via the DVD player because I don't see a way to do that.
> >
> > Videos are here (adding this link to quell any suspicion that I'm trying to
> > pirate DVDs or something):
> > http://www.mcam23.com/mpeg/movies/02...sPets/ForPets/
> >
> > I've read the other posts about converting .mpg files into .avi files, but
> > they all link to programs like VirtualDubMod which is 4 years old. Is that
> > program still viable, and is it easy to use? Money is tight, so freeware is
> > preferred and "easy" is pretty much a requirement.
> >
> > We're just trying to get the message out to help save puppies, kitties and
> > bunnies. Help!
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Doug
> >
> > www.rescueleague.org

John Inzer

      19th Dec 2007
sanjaykattimani wrote:
> I face the same problem.... on my new vista. Unfortunately microsoft
> doesnt respond

================================
Maybe these articles will offer some ideas:

Movie Maker 2 - Importing MPEG Files
http://tinyurl.com/eajjh

File type compatibility with Movie Maker
http://tinyurl.com/v8tee

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/695

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Swansong

      19th Dec 2007
Many thanks for your help. I also received help from another source and that
was to use Roxio software to split the video into smaller chunks for Movie
Maker to inport and then break into clips for inserting into different spots
on my home made video. I think I am getting the hang of it all now.
Mary

"John Inzer" wrote:

> sanjaykattimani wrote:
> > I face the same problem.... on my new vista. Unfortunately microsoft
> > doesnt respond

> ================================
> Maybe these articles will offer some ideas:
>
> Movie Maker 2 - Importing MPEG Files
> http://tinyurl.com/eajjh
>
> File type compatibility with Movie Maker
> http://tinyurl.com/v8tee
>

> --
>
> John Inzer
> MS Picture It! -
> Digital Image MVP
>
> Digital Image
> Highlights and FAQs
> http://support.microsoft.com/ph/695
>
> Notice
> This is not tech support
> I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

John Inzer

      20th Dec 2007
Swansong wrote:
> Many thanks for your help. I also received help from another source
> and that was to use Roxio software to split the video into smaller
> chunks for Movie Maker to inport and then break into clips for
> inserting into different spots on my home made video. I think I am
> getting the hang of it all now.
> Mary

You're welcome.

Thanks for the update.