Importing dbx files to Outlook 2003

Bruno

      10th Oct 2004
My old Outlook 2000 addresses etc are backed-up in the
form of *.dbx files. How can I import them into my new
installation of Outlook 2003?

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

      10th Oct 2004
Bruno wrote:
> My old Outlook 2000 addresses etc are backed-up in the
> form of *.dbx files.

No, that's Outlook Express. Outlook doesn't use .dbx files - it uses PST
files.

> How can I import them into my new
> installation of Outlook 2003?

Best to export from OE to Outlook - must be done on the machine running
Outlook, after you've set up an Outlook profile. Set up OE with a dummy
email account, point OE at the folder on your hard drive where the dbx files
are located (tools, options, maintenance, store folder), and see if you can
use file | export messages.

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

      10th Oct 2004
They are not stored in dbx files... see
http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm for the files outlook uses and
where they are stored.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Bruno" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:15b301c4aee5$d07419b0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> My old Outlook 2000 addresses etc are backed-up in the
> form of *.dbx files. How can I import them into my new
> installation of Outlook 2003?

      10th Oct 2004

computer disaster and lost all of my Outlook 2000 emails
etc. But some time ago I had backed up my emails using a
tip I found in an the Webuser Magazine. I can see they are
still there as dbx files, and I would like to import them
into Outlook 2003 that I've now installed.

Please explain in easy steps as I'm a geriatric surfer.

Bruno

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

      10th Oct 2004
You'll needo to connect them to Outlook Express then export them to Outlook.
See http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com for the information you need to reconnect
them to OE.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:324c01c4aef4$8cdbba00$(E-Mail Removed)...

> [...]

DL

      11th Oct 2004
Dont use a 'tip' MS provides a solution