Import Data from Excel - Size Limits

=?Utf-8?B?RGluYQ==?=

      25th May 2007
I am wondering if anybody knows the maximum number of records that a table
can hold in Access. I need to import a Worksheet from Excel into Access that
contains about 95,000 rows (records).

Will that be a problem?

Many thanks

=?Utf-8?B?UmlwcGVy?=

      25th May 2007
I don't think there is a max number of records. I have a table with well
over 200,000 records. If you have trouble importing from Excel, you can
always save the spreadsheet as a text file and bring it in that way.

How did you get more than 65,536 rows in a spreadsheet?
--

Rip

"Dina" wrote:

> I am wondering if anybody knows the maximum number of records that a table
> can hold in Access. I need to import a Worksheet from Excel into Access that
> contains about 95,000 rows (records).
>
> Will that be a problem?
>
> Many thanks

=?Utf-8?B?RGluYQ==?=

      25th May 2007
Thank you for your response & suggestion.

As for more than 65,536 rows in a spreadsheet....I have no idea....it just
kept allowing me to enter records without indicating that I passed the limit!
That was with Excel 2007 by the way.

"Ripper" wrote:

> I don't think there is a max number of records. I have a table with well
> over 200,000 records. If you have trouble importing from Excel, you can
> always save the spreadsheet as a text file and bring it in that way.
>
> How did you get more than 65,536 rows in a spreadsheet?
> --
>
> Rip
>

> "Dina" wrote:
>
> > I am wondering if anybody knows the maximum number of records that a table
> > can hold in Access. I need to import a Worksheet from Excel into Access that
> > contains about 95,000 rows (records).
> >
> > Will that be a problem?
> >
> > Many thanks

=?Utf-8?B?S2xhdHV1?=

      25th May 2007
Probably has 2007, it allows 1,000,000 rows

There is not record number limit in Access. I was working on one recently
that has 1.8 million records.

The only limit is the database size. 2Gig for 2003, I don't know for 2007
--
Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP

"Ripper" wrote:

> I don't think there is a max number of records. I have a table with well
> over 200,000 records. If you have trouble importing from Excel, you can
> always save the spreadsheet as a text file and bring it in that way.
>
> How did you get more than 65,536 rows in a spreadsheet?
> --
>
> Rip
>

> "Dina" wrote:
>
> > I am wondering if anybody knows the maximum number of records that a table
> > can hold in Access. I need to import a Worksheet from Excel into Access that
> > contains about 95,000 rows (records).
> >
> > Will that be a problem?
> >
> > Many thanks

=?Utf-8?B?RGluYQ==?=

      25th May 2007
Thank you Klatuu - great to know all that!

Regards