Images won't save as Desktop Backgrounds

Talatriel

      18th Jul 2008

Wondering if anyone can help wth this. On Windows XP I had a photo from My
Pictures set as a desktop background. Now screen is blue after turning on
and I cannot save anything in My Pictures as a desktop background.
When I go into the desktop properties and go to Themes I can click on any of
the themes but nothing changes after clicking on Apply. When I go into
backgrounds I can no longer use the drop down box to choose a background as
it is unhighlited. When I shutdown XP the image that I originally had on the
desktop appears briefly befor the computer turns off.
Any problem solving techniques for this would be greatly appreciated.

Malke

      18th Jul 2008
Talatriel wrote:

> Wondering if anyone can help wth this. On Windows XP I had a photo from
> My
> Pictures set as a desktop background. Now screen is blue after turning on
> and I cannot save anything in My Pictures as a desktop background.
> When I go into the desktop properties and go to Themes I can click on any
> of
> the themes but nothing changes after clicking on Apply. When I go into
> backgrounds I can no longer use the drop down box to choose a background
> as
> it is unhighlited. When I shutdown XP the image that I originally had on
> the desktop appears briefly befor the computer turns off.
> Any problem solving techniques for this would be greatly appreciated.

Since your problem is symptomatic of virus infection, the first thing to do
is to make sure the computer is clean:

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

The Real Truth MVP

      18th Jul 2008
Try my Desktop Reset tool. Download it here
http://pcbutts1.com/downloads/tools/tools.htm

--
Ignore posts made by the person called Leythos, he is a stalker who's been
obsessed with me for years ever since I spurned his advances towards me.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

The Real Truth MVP wrote:

> Try my Desktop Reset tool. Download it here
> http://pcbutts1.com/downloads/tools/tools.htm

I'm so sorry that you haven't recovered from your accident, Chris.
Apparently the horror of going off a cliff has caused you to think you are
an MS-MVP when you aren't.

Nor should anyone download files from a website which hosts pr0n.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

Kelly

      18th Jul 2008
See line 285 (right hand side):

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP/DTS&XP)

Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

SupportSpace
www.supportspace.com/pages?aiu=kellyskorner

"Talatriel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Wondering if anyone can help wth this. On Windows XP I had a photo from
> My
> Pictures set as a desktop background. Now screen is blue after turning on
> and I cannot save anything in My Pictures as a desktop background.
> When I go into the desktop properties and go to Themes I can click on any
> of
> the themes but nothing changes after clicking on Apply. When I go into
> backgrounds I can no longer use the drop down box to choose a background
> as
> it is unhighlited. When I shutdown XP the image that I originally had on
> the
> desktop appears briefly befor the computer turns off.
> Any problem solving techniques for this would be greatly appreciated.

New Member

      3rd Mar 2012
I had this poblem after I installed a free sceensaver program named Wallery Wallpaper. It seemed to override my attempts to save any other image as XP background. My computer kept booting to the Wallery background after briefly displaying my image. After uninstalling Wallery my computer now boots with my preferred image which I had saved to My Pictures. Hope you find this helpful.

New Member

      4th Mar 2012
I had this probem after installing a free desktop wallpaper program called Wallery Wallpaper, which apparently overrode all my attemps to save other images for the desktop. After uninstalling this program I was able to save other images to desktop.

New Member

      4th Mar 2012
Hope this helps.