I'm using office 2007 but can't open docx file from another user

daniel

      26th Feb 2010
I'm using Office 2007 but just realized that I can't open docx files or
powerpoint files sent by another user using 2007. However, when they saved it
in Word 2003 format, I could read. Why is that?

Any advice? Thanks

JoAnn Paules [MVP]

      26th Feb 2010
What happens when you try to open them? Do you get an error message? What
does it say (exactly please)?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]